Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Second Generation Legacy (1994 - 1998) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   2.0 Legacy JDM Parts source (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187445)

seeking 06-12-2012 08:24 AM

2.0 Legacy JDM Parts source

Hello,
Can someone please point me to a supplier of parts for a JDM subaru.
My vehicle AT light flashes 16 time at start up, and a self diagnostic produce
code 24- IAC Valve.
From my research and your helpful posts it seem I will be seeking the following parts:

Clutch Pack
Duty C
IAV valve.

Is the transmission Internal components of the TZ102YBDBA changeable with either of these transmission.

- TZ102YBAAA
- TZ102YBABA
- TZ102YBCBA

What code/ type transmission do the US Dual turbo use.

Vehicle specs:
1997 Subaru Legacy: 2.0 JDM (Dual Turbo)
Heavy Industries LTD
E-BDS
VIN# BDS-029458
Aplied Model BDSC48P
Option Code: AHC
Trim Code: 710
Engine Type: EJ20
Color Code: 51E
Transmission Type: TZ102YBDBA

One more try for a fix before I send her to the parts yard.

Note: I am searching from the Cayman Islands

Regards::spin:

broknindarkagain 06-12-2012 09:29 AM

You can likely clean the IAC with carburetor cleaner.

And the US has never had a twin turbo Subaru.

seeking 08-29-2012 12:02 PM

After a lot of searching I found the following parts source for a JDM Subaru. Very good service and fast shipment.. I am putting it up just in case someone else had problems sourcing parts for A JDM as I did.. Speed sensor and Duty-C (valve assembly) Part # below.. Gave him my JDM Vin and presto..

Chisato Yamamoto
Suitparts.com
3-13 Tokiwa-cho, Kuwana, Mie 511-0062 Japan
tel: 0594-22-9139 fax: 0594-23-9315

Speed Sensor / 85082-AC002
Valve Assy / 31942-AA090 ( Duty C Sylenoid )

seeking 10-31-2012 06:17 PM

1997 Subaru legacy dual Turbo inlet pipe. Stock

1 Attachment(s)
Following up: Installed the Duty-C and speed sensor, good fix no codes and no blinking lights. found a leak at the turbo inlet/induction pipe, will have to replace the inlet which will require removal of the manifold. Also found the part# and Diagram on a Russian site I was able to cross reference with Yamamoto who agree it is a match for the 97 legacy.. I will try to put up the picture for anyone who may be seeking same.. I cannot find the russian site again but I continue to search. Will post the link if I find it again. The parts diagram also shows how things go back together also. If someone know the address please post.. As for removing the manifold i have my labels and patience in stock.

seeking 11-03-2012 12:15 PM

Site address follows: http://www.megazip.ru/ru/auto/subaru...9/36552/337465

This new guy don't know how to do a direct link on this forum yet.. But trying.. Hope this helps someone.

seeking 11-15-2012 02:28 PM

Subaru engine grid overlay

1 Attachment(s)
Another helpful find if you need to point to an item location on the legacy engine. The knock sensor for example is in the area of grid (I-4) hope this helps someone.

SpecBamf41 11-15-2012 08:26 PM

the knock is more like F-3, fail

Stasis 11-16-2012 02:00 AM

That's odd, must be the ej20H, layout is slightly different from R.

seeking 11-26-2012 10:24 AM

Reservoir fluid type?

Been digging into the Legacy, Just replaced the Turbo inlet pipe. Removing the manifold was a bear, but very satisfying getting every thing back together. I having been getting any responses, so I was trying to be helpful when I visit. Picture is almost identical to my RS; the assembly attached to the intercooler at Grid G-3 is located on the bottom of my intercooler, area C-1. other than that it looks identical to my RS..
Stang70Fastback: Thanks for the correction ; I will have to be more exacting next time.. I agree the teacher would not have given me a pass either. The grid works though.

I had to remove a hose from the reservoir located at grid A-4, all of the fluid leaked out, and I am trying to determine what type fluid to replace. Looks like motor oil, but I don't know for sure. My repair manual don't even show it. Anyone knows what type fluid is used in there.
It seems to be a recovery tank for oil traveling to the radiator for cooling. Help!!

Stasis 11-26-2012 11:32 AM

A-4 is the coolant resevoir... Unless you meant to say something other than A4

seeking 11-26-2012 11:49 AM

Stasis: Thanks. Yes the reservoir falls on grid A between 4&5. Had a closer, look the hose I disconnected may have been an oil line feeding oil to the reservoir inner core for cooling. The residue in the tank is green, so antifreeze seem to match.. Will add some coolant and try for a start up this afternoon.. Better safe than sorry.. Thanks again..

seeking 11-26-2012 03:07 PM

Did a start up this afternoon, engine started with a little rough idle until the computer relearned and accepted what I did. Still no light or fault codes.. Youtube and all the helpful folks are the best. Keep on posting and thanks to all who helped this newbie. Next project 911 wiring and fit-out, I have all the gear for a complete re-do and now retired, the time hope.. Finally; I used a spray nozel from a bottle to take out all the fluid from my power-steering resiviour works well.. The bottle I got from a shipment of POR-15/metal ready, even have a clear tube and you can see when the ATF color change as you flush out the old for new.. Next time..