Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Flashing Cruise Light; Not Working (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186324)

Roche 05-23-2012 04:01 PM

Flashing Cruise Light; Not Working

I tried using cruise a couple of days ago after work and the second I
turned it on, the light just flashed.
I couldn't do anything with it, i tried shutting it off, setting it etc but it flashed for the 70 minutes home and I'm not sure if I should use it again and what went wrong.

As for the song... I wanted to listen to something with a good beat and Eddie Money wasn't going to cut it :spin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG4vKL3PVVA&list=UU5NpWk_-mZ1ESYAg3CkEkfA&feature=plcp

Edit:
I can't figure out how to embed the video and I also couldn't make it shorter

Max Capacity 05-23-2012 04:11 PM

Do you have a Check engine light also ?

I seem to recall this happening to someone here before a couple years back.

May be PM someone like ClimberD@hexmods or BAC5.2 They may know. bmx045 may know the answer too.

BarManBean 05-23-2012 04:29 PM

Incoming Check Engine Light!

Flashing cruise happened to me before the CEL kicked in when my front O2 sensor was busted. I think it's kind of like a "soft" CEL...ECU senses something is wrong, but takes the time to be sure before throwing a CEL--in the meantime you get the flashing / non-functional cruise (which will persist when the CEL shows up).

See if you can pull the code. If you can do a learning view it will probably tell you.

Max Capacity 05-23-2012 04:34 PM

The guy's at the auto parts stores will read the codes for free if you need.

Roche 05-23-2012 07:02 PM

No engine light, hopefully not ever.
Thanks for the sources
I only have 300 miles until the warranty is up but they're going to
say there's nothing wrong

Nrw 05-23-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarManBean (Post 3908894)
Incoming Check Engine Light!

Flashing cruise happened to me before the CEL kicked in when my front O2 sensor was busted. I think it's kind of like a "soft" CEL...ECU senses something is wrong, but takes the time to be sure before throwing a CEL--in the meantime you get the flashing / non-functional cruise (which will persist when the CEL shows up).

See if you can pull the code. If you can do a learning view it will probably tell you.

What he said. When my front o2 went it would first start with a flashing cruise under certain situations. Plugged my code reader in and it showed up as the front o2 each time. Go get your codes read. Buy the new part. Install it. Be happy.

BarManBean 05-23-2012 07:26 PM

Tell them to go fly a kite if they say nothing is wrong. Something is wrong, and the code that can be read will tell you exactly what IS wrong, lol.

HAMMER DOWN 05-23-2012 09:24 PM

Depending on the OBDII scanner. If no engine light is on. You need to select option "Pending Trouble Code" This is a trouble code that the ECU stored, but the problem hasn't accrued long & or often enough to "set" the trouble code & engine light.

Mike

Boost_Doc 05-23-2012 09:37 PM

Soft codes will always be stored before the check engine light will come on. A scanner will show pending codes and hard set codes. I am not sure what auto parts store use, but it should read pending codes. I have a matco tools little pocket scanner that can read both. Go get it checked.

P.S. If here is a pending code that means something failed, the dealership cannot say no to that. I am a service advisor at one haha

nightspeed98 05-24-2012 02:13 AM

My previous car (09 gt) had blinking cruise light when SI Drive failed (or something like that), dealer found broken crank sensor and crank tooth. I'll doublecheck paperwork if I still have it,

yar1 05-25-2012 10:59 PM

This happened to me before after i drove through a deep puddle at freeway speeds, but it cleared up later after it dried off/i restarted the car a few hours later.

Roche 05-26-2012 09:13 PM

A little update:
Cruise works now, but the really odd thing is that when it's set,
the car keeps jolting like its letting off the gas and then stomping back on it
simultaneously. However, it's not because I look at my MPGs and the RMPs and they dont change unless its going uphill.

Any ideas?

Boost_Doc 05-26-2012 09:16 PM

Still no pending codes?

mumblinaviator 05-26-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roche (Post 3913350)
A little update:
Cruise works now, but the really odd thing is that when it's set,
the car keeps jolting like its letting off the gas and then stomping back on it
simultaneously. However, it's not because I look at my MPGs and the RMPs and they dont change unless its going uphill.

Any ideas?

Don't use cruise until it's fixed?

Get the codes read. If you're hard pressed to get the cruise working, try un hooking the negative battery terminal to reset the ECU.

I've had all of my lights: cruise, Si Drive, traction control, and CEL all come on at once when I was swapping fuel pumps, a battery disconnect will clear it all.

king_j 05-27-2012 07:51 AM

Dealer warranty is almost up? Extend it. Flashing cc light for me meant a bad valve.