Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Ohio Trojan 2012 LGT Journal (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185065)

ohiotrojan 05-02-2012 02:40 PM

Ohio Trojan 2012 LGT Journal

5 Attachment(s)
So my wife finally said she was tired of our 08 B. Loved the car, it was awesome but the continued rattles got the best of her (+ the usual subie road rash on front end). Of course I wish she would have told me before I invested $2,500 in StopTechs when she said two months ago she was keeping it for a couple more years and I wanted to make the brakes bullet proof. I pick up the car on Saturday. BTW, it was the last manufactured LGT!!

Anyway, some pics and my plan:

Within 30 days of purchase goal of May 31st

Trip to Ziebart
Paint Protection Service Ziebart
Window tint Ziebart
Clearbra - Ziebart

Within 45 days of purchase goal of June 15th

Trip to Wagner with first oil change
P0D Splash Guards (PIO) - $129
Front and rear mud flaps
C0A STI Short Throw Shifter (PIO) - $499
STI Short Throw Shifter
R0B Security System Shock Sensor (PIO) - $140
Security System Shock Sensor
Within 60 days goal of June 30th
Trip to Turn In Concepts
Lowering springs Turn In Concepts
Sway bars and End Links Turn in Concepts

Within 90 days goal of July 31st
Order from Cobb Access Port
Upgrade to Stage 1

Within 150 days of purchase goal of September 30th

Trip to Wagner with second oil change
LR9 Illuminated Side Sill Plates & Interior - Package (PIO) - $499
Includes: [LR8] Interior Illumination Kit (PIO) And [N0B] Side Sill Plates - Illuminated (PIO) (below listed for informational purposes)
LR2 Side Sill Plates Package (PIO) - $319
Includes: [N0B] Side Sill Plates - Illuminated (PIO)
LR8 Interior Illumination Kit (PIO) - $280
Interior Illuminatino Kit
N0B Side Sill Plates - Illuminated (PIO) - $319
Interior Illumination Kit; Adapter harness
Q0C Puddle Lights (PIO) - $223
Door entry light

Within 195 days of purchase goal of November 15th

Order from TireRack
Order and Install Winter Snow Tires

Within 240 days of purchase goal of December 31st

Trip to Wagner with third oil change
Install Downpipe and Exhaust
Upgrade to Stage 2

Within 330 days of purchase goal of March 31st

Order from Wheel Website
Order and Install Summer Wheels and Tires

TBD

TBD Wagner Visit

S0Q Trunk Lip Crystal Black Silica (PIO) - $393
Trunk/hatch spoiler; Excludes: [S0R] Trunk Lip Spoiler Satin White Pearl (PIO) And [S0K] Trunk Lip Spoiler Azurite Blue (PIO) And [S0N] Trunk Lip Spoiler Graphite Gray Metallic (PIO) And [S0P] Trunk Lip Spoiler Ruby Red (PIO) And [S0O] Trunk Lip Spoiler Steel Silver Metallic (PIO)

wrxwhit 05-02-2012 03:24 PM

Wow, looks like you got a good plan here. Congrats on the purchase! As far as lowering springs, I wouldn't suggest going any lower than an inch front or rear unless you are going to replace struts with the Bilsteins which should be out within a couple months. RCE seems to be the best choice to not compromise ride quality. Happy modding and welcome!

CL21376 05-02-2012 03:35 PM

Congrats on the new ride.

Re: interior illumination....there is a writeup on adding the cup holder and front cubby lights on here. If you were really motivated you could probably even route the footwell lights. 3 packs of LEDs are like $10 :)

Also, I would highly recommend a pro or e tune...the OTS maps leave a lot to be desired.

TheOneDoubleN 05-02-2012 04:44 PM

Very nice purchase and ocd mod plan :lol:.

mark5032 05-02-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN (Post 3876259)

+1 on that. Black on black sure looks good.

acumenhokie 05-02-2012 06:41 PM

I have most of the accessories you're getting.

Do the shock sensor install yourself - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea....html?t=158149

Also make sure you budget for the adapter if installing interior illumination and sill plate.

tytek 05-02-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN (Post 3876259)

I am somewhat local to the OP, but his ultimate OCD got me scared about meeting him :lol:

minuccims 05-02-2012 06:57 PM

Wow, the last LGT!!!!!

Rogue77 05-02-2012 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minuccims (Post 3876410)
Wow, the last LGT!!!!!

Until they make another model.

Welcome to the 5th gen community! I came from am 08 B as well. I love my 2011 GT. I miss a couple things from the B but I wouldn't go back. I would highly recommend going the the RCE Bilstein route in your mod path, I think you will be much happier in regards to the suspension.

Other than that it looks like you have your shit together! Congrats on the purchase!

ohiotrojan 05-02-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrxwhit (Post 3876125)
Wow, looks like you got a good plan here. Congrats on the purchase! As far as lowering springs, I wouldn't suggest going any lower than an inch front or rear unless you are going to replace struts with the Bilsteins which should be out within a couple months. RCE seems to be the best choice to not compromise ride quality. Happy modding and welcome!

Thanks whit. Tic said same thing about no more than an inch and so eibach it is.

ohiotrojan 05-02-2012 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CL21376 (Post 3876154)
Congrats on the new ride.

Re: interior illumination....there is a writeup on adding the cup holder and front cubby lights on here. If you were really motivated you could probably even route the footwell lights. 3 packs of LEDs are like $10 :)

Also, I would highly recommend a pro or e tune...the OTS maps leave a lot to be desired.

Thanks cl. I got a great deal on parts and labor by doing a bunch at once,not as good as doing myself of course but enough for me. I've had many subsides and it's maps and never had a prob but appreciate the input.

ohiotrojan 05-02-2012 08:53 PM

Jesus spell check killed me in above post. Meant Subies and ots.

ohiotrojan 05-02-2012 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue77 (Post 3876505)
Until they make another model.

Welcome to the 5th gen community! I came from am 08 B as well. I love my 2011 GT. I miss a couple things from the B but I wouldn't go back. I would highly recommend going the the RCE Bilstein route in your mod path, I think you will be much happier in regards to the suspension.

Other than that it looks like you have your shit together! Congrats on the purchase!

On the suspension budget is a little concern plus I trust tic that is local here. I think your recommendation is solid but will start with eibach and whiteline/kartboy and stock struts for a bit.

Thanks to all nice to know this 5th gen family is out there.

jri 05-02-2012 09:22 PM

Looks great! Mine has been in transit for a while now, due any day. Just curious, what is the build date (on door jam sticker), or the last 5 digits of the VIN? I was hoping to claim "last 2012 GT" but have seen a few higher VIN's at dealer websites.

Rogue77 05-02-2012 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohiotrojan (Post 3876531)
On the suspension budget is a little concern plus I trust tic that is local here. I think your recommendation is solid but will start with eibach and whiteline/kartboy and stock struts for a bit.

Thanks to all nice to know this 5th gen family is out there.

One last push, live with the soggy suspension and skip the springs all together and just get the whole strut/shock and spring combo from RCE. If you check around that is what most either are planning to do or want to do (if budget allows). Sock that spring and install money away and bite the bullet on the RCE setup, you will be happier for it! :)

If you are looking for just lower and don't care about the jolting/jarring harsh bumps the Swift springs look and perform great. I thought I remember reading that the Eibachs lower it more an Swifts. RCE lower them the least and is supposedly best for the stock setup. Swift is about middle of the road for that, Eibachs a bit more, etc.

Whatever you choose we will of course demand pictures of your progress! Good luck and have fun!