Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Member Classifieds - ARCHIVE (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   GI (VA): StopTech BBK (Front and Rear - Calipers/Rotors/Pads) - NLFS (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184293)

mr.hicksta 04-20-2012 08:26 AM

GI (VA): StopTech BBK (Front and Rear - Calipers/Rotors/Pads) - NLFS

4 Attachment(s)
StopTech BBK (Calipers, 2-piece rotors and pads) - $2100 OBO shipped CONUS

I've given this a lot of thought, and while it's not happening for sure I'm considering selling my powder coated StopTech BBK. Calipers, 2-piece rotors and pads. I'm keeping the SS brake lines as I don't want to deal with swapping them out again. I originally used TechnaFit SS lines with the kit, so other kits will work with this BBK. I wanted to toss this thread up to get a feel for how much interest is out there.

The calipers, rotors and pads have been installed since around Fall/Winter of 2010 so they have around 15K miles on them. I checked the pads recently, and they still have plenty of life left. The calipers were powder coated May of this year by The Powdercoater in GA. New bleed screws and dust caps were installed August of this year.

For this to happen, I will need to find OEM calipers along with more DD friendly rotors and pads.

Please post any questions in the thread and thanks for looking!!!

tsunami 04-20-2012 08:40 AM

Will they clear my 17" wheels? They clear sti brembos which I am currently running. Would love some stoptechs lol

mr.hicksta 04-20-2012 08:42 AM

I originally had 17x7.5" et48 Enkei GTC01s that cleared them. You just have to make sure the balancing weights are placed on the inside of the wheel. The front passenger caliper has some 'love' marks from misplaced balancing weights :spin:

tsunami 04-20-2012 08:56 AM

The marks aren't really visible with the wheels on though right? I may refinish them in blue if I am able to purchase them. Can I call dibs and give you a deposit til we are able to meet up? I'm very interested.

DocHolladay23 04-20-2012 09:07 AM

That's a great price, GLWS!

12sechatch 04-20-2012 09:12 AM

let me crunch some numbers with the lady and get back to you. We're just completing a kitchen remodel, so it might be hard to swing; not impossible though.

mr.hicksta 04-20-2012 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunami (Post 3856667)
The marks aren't really visible with the wheels on though right? I may refinish them in blue if I am able to purchase them. Can I call dibs and give you a deposit til we are able to meet up? I'm very interested.

Yeah the front passenger caliper took a rock right on the 'StopTech' so you can see it. I was looking into refinishing them, but I can't have my car down for that long. You're the first one to ask about them so if I do end up selling them you get the first crack at em :D. I just need to find out what's up with the Brembos I'm looking at as I don't want to incur any extra cost if necessary. I'll keep you posted.

tsunami 04-20-2012 09:26 AM

Sounds good. My sti gold brembos have a nice scrape on it and I can't afford down time either so this would be perfect.

Just to be clear, its front and rear??

mr.hicksta 04-20-2012 09:27 AM

Yup, fronts and rears. Seeing how you're in MD this could work out nicely :D

Drew888 04-20-2012 09:38 AM

HOLY CRAPNUGGETS (to quote my son)!!!

This should have been snagged up 2 min after posting!

Does everyone realize that 2 piece rotors all around would cost the same as what Josh is asking for the whole kit!!

Man, I'd reconsider that asking price...stupid low dude. You're obviously giving back to the LGT community which is a nobel thing.

GLWTS....hahaha like you need it. ;)

kaho8930 04-20-2012 09:41 AM

front and rear ???

tsunami 04-20-2012 09:44 AM

Don't listen to Drew! Haha I'm very happy with the price haha these shall be mine

wpmarky 04-20-2012 09:44 AM

Last night on my way down to la to see shamar to get tuned my wife asked " is the car done after this? What's left?"

I said brakes!

I'll take them...

mr.hicksta 04-20-2012 09:44 AM

I have been known to sell a thing or two around these parts :lol:

I was looking at these, but I see now it's only for the fronts. Fack :spin:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea...28-177404.html

tsunami 04-20-2012 09:49 AM

Oh nooo haha take my stock rears ;)