Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Vacuum lines? MAP sensor? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=184259)

Ktmking250 04-19-2012 06:14 PM

Vacuum lines? MAP sensor?

Revised timing, make sure to check your to check your vacuum lines. You have a leak at your MAP sensor.

That is the message I received with my last tune revision. I'm wondering if anyone can shed some light on what I am looking for?
I went thru and didn't see any lines disconnected from when I installed everything. If you have any suggestions I'm open too.
And where would the MAP sensor be at?

mwiener2 04-19-2012 06:23 PM

E-tune fail.

Ktmking250 04-19-2012 06:37 PM

Huh?

BarManBean 04-19-2012 07:44 PM

check the T-connector under you intercooler, intercooler TB hose, and BPV sense hose. I ziptied / corbin clamped all of those during my stage 2 install--you should've done the same. Not a big deal if you didnt, just have to pop the intercooler off and go at it.

Ktmking250 04-19-2012 09:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
well i added some pics of the connectors i think that are in question and they have zip ties on them let me know if im missing something or looking in the wrong place

thanks again barbeanman

BarManBean 04-19-2012 09:31 PM

looks good. cant see bpv sense hose, but that would be the most obvious leak ever (to the right of the intercooler as you look from the front of the car.

One of the "t hoses" goes down and it's also suggested that you clamp it, but I'm not sure which one, sorry. I have an image, but baby is crying, brb.

MrHellrais3R 04-19-2012 09:47 PM

Your map sensor is connected on the same bracket that your boost control solenoid is bolted to. It's above your turbo inlet in front of your intake manifold. It has a vacuum fitting that points down and connects to the nipple that comes off of the front lower middle of your intake manifold.

Go search for vacation pics If you have more questions about where things are. Or look at the vacuum layout diagram under your hood.

BarManBean 04-19-2012 09:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The other one I was referring to is the one that goes to the manifold. See image.

Ktmking250 04-19-2012 10:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok i think this is the issue? how come this would come off, does this have to do with the boost blowing it off?

And this is the map sensor leak the tuner was talking about?

MrHellrais3R 04-20-2012 06:50 AM

Yes. Map sensor measures manifold pressure. It probably came off from boost. Just zip tie it.

Max Capacity 04-20-2012 06:57 AM

Look around further, there are more vacuum hoses that need to be zip-tied.

Some are behind, under the intake manifold. Then look more, any vacuum hose should be zip-tied.

MrHellrais3R 04-20-2012 07:11 AM

^ yeah there are emission vacuum lines that under under the manifold. There is an air surge solenoid that is on the same bracket at the map and ebcs. Its lower and pushed back a little under the manifold. It has two nipples on it for emissions. One hose goes to the back of the manifold (that one is hard to see), and the other one goes to the nipple right at the front of the manifold that is that big circle in the front.

Ktmking250 04-20-2012 07:49 AM

In the picture: the line thats off, if you follow that back theirs a round thing with a foam outside. In the picture it's just above the blue connector, what is it sms if the foam is deterating should it be replaced?

bmx045 04-20-2012 07:51 AM

lol @ this thread. zip tie that vac line, hoses that arent connected to anything are a problem with turbo subarus. and guess how i blew two pistons to death? a disconnected map sensor line that blew off(from what i can gather).

bmx045 04-20-2012 07:52 AM

the foam is a check valve, it may be fuzzy and ripped, that's fine. just make sure the ***** hose is conencted and let it be