Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mountain West (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Cryotune performance review (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176203)

2009 specb 12-16-2011 08:38 PM

Cryotune performance review

I want to spread the word about CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE. I have a 2009 legacy Legacy SPEC B with a stage 2 set up and a front mount. Before the FMIC I had a PRO tune done and was not impressed. You pay so much money for about an hour of work and they won't share the details on what they do to the car. Last Monday, i went to CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE to do a road tune. The experience was great. If i had any questions Cryo had an answer. I would ask him about what kind of changes he would make and he would show me exactly what he was doing and explain why. We spent a few hours doing the tune and i learned more about what is going on with the engine than I have from reading about it for the last few months. With my experience on both types of tunes, i would highly recommend using CRYOTUNE PERFORMANCE.

If you are interested in talking to him he posts as Cryo

zmarko 12-17-2011 11:01 AM

What'd the tune run you?

2009 specb 12-17-2011 12:21 PM

150 and worth every penny.

zmarko 12-17-2011 01:25 PM

Cool. Where in the metro area are they located?

LGT For ME 12-17-2011 01:40 PM

Cryo/Dave lives/works in the Arvada area. Really cool guy and lgt member. I've had him do some brake work for me so far as my car is already stg2e tuned but I'll have him look at my tune soon. Its nice to find a subie guy that will treat your car like his own, and his cooking skills ain't too shabby either from the grub we've had at meets

cryo 12-18-2011 11:56 AM

Thanks for the good words, I am glad you are happy with the tune and how smooth it came out. The cobb accesstuner race software is always a pleasure to work with if you are able to utilize the live tuning feature. Glad I could help.

Dave

2009 specb 12-20-2011 08:42 PM

i am very happy with the tune. i cant wait for the E-85 tune and the stage three setup. thanks again for a great job. cant wait to see what else we can get out of the car in the future.

cryo 12-23-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2009 specb (Post 3675633)
i am very happy with the tune. i cant wait for the E-85 tune and the stage three setup. thanks again for a great job. cant wait to see what else we can get out of the car in the future.

Yeah that blouch 20g-xt on e85 should be a lot of fun. Let me know when you want to jump over to e85 on the stock turbo and we will get that tune knocked out while you save up for the turbo.

Dave

SSpeed 12-24-2011 11:02 AM

I had Dave (cryo) take a look at my tune after I added my Process West intercooler. Since my etune with infamous my AVO fuel pump had died and I had the stocker back in. I figured that would be fine since I was on stock injectors anyway. I'm pretty glad I went up to see cryo before doing another road tune with the stock fuel pump in this time as it looks like my stock fuel pump is dying and I was pretty lean. I'm going to throw an Aeromotive 340 in and go back up to see him.

05COLEGGT 12-27-2011 08:14 AM

I'd be curious to know what types of things were tuned compared to a COBB OTS Stage 2 map. I'm about to install a Perrin Downpipe and do the Bulletproof mod on my stock TMIC. I've got the stock turbo and injectors so I'd be curious.

cryo 12-27-2011 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05COLEGGT (Post 3681513)
I'd be curious to know what types of things were tuned compared to a COBB OTS Stage 2 map. I'm about to install a Perrin Downpipe and do the Bulletproof mod on my stock TMIC. I've got the stock turbo and injectors so I'd be curious.

Well the OP went from a standard cobb stage 2 OTS map to a protune to my custom stage 2 roadtune. My base maps are built pretty much from the ground up off the factory calibration so I cant really compare them to anyone elses. I do my best to make sure everything is smooth and safe while making good power and people seem to be pretty happy with the outcome.

A dyno tune or road tune will almost always perform better *ie safety and power* when someone is able to make adjustments based on how your specific car responds to the modifications. Sometimes you get lucky and things are spot on but it doesnt happen very often expecially at altitude.

The thing to keep in mind for your car at this altitude as well is that with a simple fuel pump upgrade you can get away with an e-85 tune in the future too. That normally nets quite a bit of useable torque around town and a decent bump in HP.

Sspeed - yeah happy to see we got the bung out of the ceramic DP and were able to take wideband readings, that could have been bad. Nice car and cant wait to see you enjoying it again.

Dave

cryo 01-08-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LGT For ME (Post 3671843)
Its nice to find a subie guy that will treat your car like his own, and his cooking skills ain't too shabby either from the grub we've had at meets

This summer should be full of bbq's so plenty of bacon wrapped goodness,carne asada and various smoked meats off the new smoker......oh yeah:cool:

Dave

05COLEGGT 01-09-2012 09:04 AM

Would you recommend I install a second bung in my new downpipe so you can use your wideband?

cryo 01-09-2012 04:19 PM

I always try and have wideband data available if possible. Hate to assume anything but that's just me.

Dave

Spec.B_Master_06' 01-12-2012 02:46 AM

I think i may have to come see you Dave. Where are you located?