Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Edmundu's Turbo Lives (AVO 450 tune) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175414)

joeleodee 12-02-2011 05:45 PM

Edmundu's Turbo Lives (AVO 450 tune)

Yes, I've been sitting on this turbo for about 2 and a half years. It was the last of Edmundu's huge part out thread so I got it. After we made the deal, he noticed that there was a crack in the turbine housing. He had a new and upgraded turbine housing shipped to me and I had that ported and coated. For the next year, I gathered parts for the upgrade. Here is my current setup.

-E85 fueling
-AEM CAI
-Invidia catted dp
-Grimmspeed coated EWG uppipe and dump tube
-Tial 44mm EWG
-Cobb IWG bracket (short)
-Ported and coated stock manifolds
-Grimmspeed ported crosspipe
-Perrin mid and y pipe.
-Prodrive mufflers (stock mufflers until spring)
-RacerX fmic
-Forge Motorsports BPV
-APS solid turbo inlet
-JDM TGV deletes ported
-DW 1100cc sidefeed injectors (true flow is over 1200)
-AVO fuel pump
-AVO 450 BB turbo ported and coated

Tuning Necessities

-V1 Accessport/ECUflash
-Streettuner Advanced tuning software
-Hybrid tuning setup ftw. ;)
-Innovate LC1 WBO2 sensor.
-Grimmspeed 3 port boost control solenoid and MBC (hybrid boost control)

Drivetrain

ACT heavy duty street disc clutch
OEM wrx flywheel
TSK3 snout sleeve
Group N tranny mount
Group N motor mounts
Agency Power pitch stop mount

Brakes

-DBA slotted rotors
-Hawk hps brake pads

Suspension mods

Koni inserts (4 corners)
Tein H Tech lowering springs
Cobb sway bars front and rear
Moog end links
AVO reinforcement brackets

As the car sits, all parts above have been installed and the car is running, however not fully tuned. An updated base map needs to be flashed to the ecu before we go any further. I can tell you that at only 14psi, this thing pulls hard and its street manners are actually more mild than the stock vf40. Not nearly as punchy with smooth power delivery throughout. At least that's what the butt dyno tells me. ;)

This thread will be updated as the car gets further tuned. I'll be posting logs as they come available as well as dyno graphs. This weekend, we will be working on completing a 93 octane winter tune. Springtime will add an E85 tune to the equation. This was being tuned by a tuner, but I've since taken over the workload assisted by member qikslvr. Qikslvr has helped me immensely get to this point so I'd like to thank him publicly for his efforts.

Stay tuned (bad pun)

Spec B 12-02-2011 06:40 PM

Looking forward to some results! Good luck.

sumfoo1 12-02-2011 09:13 PM

Subscribed

NSFW 12-04-2011 05:04 AM

That should be fun. :)

Dan_K 12-06-2011 12:32 PM

subscribed

07spec_b 12-06-2011 03:26 PM

Would like to see the avo450 graph I run the 500

balrock01 12-06-2011 04:43 PM

Miss Edmundu! He was a great source of information and help on here. Nice to know a part of him lives on...LoL! In for results.

technicalgarage 12-06-2011 05:05 PM

Are you using avo's braided oil feed with the stock hardpipe off the head or a custom line?

I'm trying to adapt the infamous filter kit to my avo 380 and was wondering about oil restrictors and what others have done if anything

joeleodee 12-06-2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 07spec_b (Post 3658610)
Would like to see the avo450 graph I run the 500

Would like to see graphs of yours as well. Do you daily that? The 450 is the biggest I was willing to tolerate. This vehicle is a four season all weather driver. As it sits, it's running great. I have no trouble starting the car in the sub 20 degree weather and no idling issues that everyone seems scared of with big sidefeeds. We could not do any tuning over the weekend, though. A snow storm hit and frigid temps followed. Hopefully, we can get out on the road this week and I can post some logs for you guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by technicalgarage (Post 3658713)
Are you using avo's braided oil feed with the stock hardpipe off the head or a custom line?

I'm trying to adapt the infamous filter kit to my avo 380 and was wondering about oil restrictors and what others have done if anything

Yes, braided oil feed to the hardline. I can post a pic if you want. Also, ask scooby2.5. He's running a 380 as well.

BDII 12-06-2011 06:46 PM

subscribed for graph

07spec_b 12-07-2011 10:56 PM

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4052/datalog24.pdf
My numbers aren't really ideal but I'm going for broke in the spring

LosAngelesLGT 12-07-2011 11:09 PM

Sweet!

WhiskeyTango 12-07-2011 11:22 PM

wow...in for graph I bet its slow.

SCASEYS 12-08-2011 10:50 AM

nice, I also have the Avo450
getting 15mpg on 93 w/ 850 injectors

joeleodee 12-17-2011 07:44 PM

Couple updates. The turbo won't boost past spring pressure because there's a pig sqealing under the hood. Tomorrow, I'm hoping to get out there and track it down. The tuner says it sounds alot like a coupler for the piping. Hopefully it's just that. Maf scaling was erratic so that had to be completely rescaled. Some adjustments in the advanced timing brought the surge even more under control so it's even less noticeable. Boost is all over the place but not over 15psi because of the leak. :( We are remaining completely knock free, though.

We've switched over to open source tuning since windows 7 was causing erratic readings with the v1 streettuner software. We might go back to the streettuner eventually. Hopefully I'll have some logs to post pretty soon. No point in posting anything now.