Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Photos (2005-2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Plasti-Dipped Grill & Hood Scoop (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173942)

Coolbs7 11-08-2011 05:38 PM

Plasti-Dipped Grill & Hood Scoop
 
2 Attachment(s)
Recently plasti-dipped my grill and roofscoop, and i must say it looks awesome
if you guys are planning on doing it, i highly recommend it, it looks BA

i taped off the subaru symbol on the grill and put a good amount of coats on it and it came out sick

planning on doing my tires next, anyone have pix? :)

JermTheElf 11-08-2011 05:51 PM

You're doing your tires next?

wpmarky 11-08-2011 05:56 PM

lol tires

grill looks good

Coolbs7 11-08-2011 06:02 PM

RIMS i always ****** do that

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpmarky (Post 3626038)
lol tires

grill looks good

thanks

ibr_adam09 11-08-2011 06:04 PM

how does it feel to the touch ? I want to do it to my center console (the trim around the cupholders ) and does look like it would scratch easy ?

Coolbs7 11-08-2011 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ibr_adam09 (Post 3626050)
how does it feel to the touch ? I want to do it to my center console (the trim around the cupholders ) and does look like it would scratch easy ?

The touch is fine, i don't think it would scratch easy and if it did you can just peel it right off and re-apply, thats a good idea to do the center console because my paints chippin there too!

JermTheElf 11-08-2011 06:19 PM

It's not 100% smooth, it's a little rough but it's not gritty.

Coolbs7 11-08-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JermTheElf (Post 3626062)
It's not 100% smooth, it's a little rough but it's not gritty.

that's about right. not too glossy though. i was thinking about applying something to make it shinier on top, but i'm not too sure

JermTheElf 11-08-2011 07:26 PM

You can paint on top of it and use it like primer

Coolbs7 11-10-2011 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JermTheElf (Post 3626121)
You can paint on top of it and use it like primer

Will it peel off the same if I was to peel it off?

Chameleon 11-11-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolbs7 (Post 3627739)
Will it peel off the same if I was to peel it off?

I would imagine so since the paint will be on top of the Plasti-Dip. You would still be peeling the Plasti Dip.

Windy Road 11-12-2011 11:24 AM

I painted half my Honda in plasti dip

bhinak 11-12-2011 04:02 PM

i did my whole hood to see what it would be like. I've since peeled it off and went back to just the black hoodscoop but my avatar is the plastidipped hood.

tbperry 11-12-2011 07:58 PM

I love my plasti - dipped rims, especially now that i have mud flaps, they just go together so well. i have been wanting to do my hood scoop soon, any pics of how you did it?

https://www.me.com/ro/perrys_porsche...13172624660001

Coolbs7 11-13-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbperry (Post 3630810)
I love my plasti - dipped rims, especially now that i have mud flaps, they just go together so well. i have been wanting to do my hood scoop soon, any pics of how you did it?

https://www.me.com/ro/perrys_porsche...13172624660001

I have a pic I just can't upload I'm on my phone,
But I just stuck pieces of paper between hoodscoop and the hood and just sprayed a couple of coats


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:22 PM.


LegacyGT.com