Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   ***Official: "What went into my hood scoop today" Thread*** (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171996)

acumenhokie 10-10-2011 08:08 AM

***Official: "What went into my hood scoop today" Thread***
 
With fall in the air I am seeing an increase in the amount of leaves and debris falling off of trees and into my hood scoop. Most of it is organic debris and isn't going to bend the fins on the intercooler but was wondering if I should periodically lift the hood and clean out in there? :rolleyes:

I've also had bird poop land just in front of it and then get sucked in. :eek:
(I'm guessing it's more accurate to say blow in than sucked in but whatever).

Interested in the opinions of those with more scooby TMIC experience?

BAC5.2 10-10-2011 08:08 AM

I got soap in there once.

It was horrible.

20LEGGY10 10-10-2011 09:55 AM

...air

acumenhokie 10-10-2011 10:12 AM

I see you're from Jersey. Let me fix that for you.


Quote:

Originally Posted by 20LEGGY10 (Post 3585437)
...pollution

:lol:

TheOneDoubleN 10-10-2011 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acumenhokie (Post 3585242)
With fall in the air I am seeing an increase in the amount of leaves and debris falling off of trees and into my hood scoop. Most of it is organic debris and isn't going to bend the fins on the intercooler but was wondering if I should periodically lift the hood and clean out in there? :rolleyes:

I've also had bird poop land just in front of it and then get sucked in. :eek:
(I'm guessing it's more accurate to say blow in than sucked in but whatever).

Interested in the opinions of those with more scooby TMIC experience?


You should be periodically opening your hood anyway to check your oil and other fluids.

satkye 10-10-2011 10:46 AM

Koala!! Not really I do get leaves and bs one day ill make a screen to stop them.

Magic Marker 10-10-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN (Post 3585497)
You should be periodically opening your hood anyway to check your oil and other fluids.

That would void the warranty.....

I pop the hood once in a while to remove any leaves and other debris. It's amazing what can get in there.

MatsuDano 10-10-2011 10:56 AM

I got a bird stuck in mine once.

Damn emu's always crossing the road.

http://www.justanimal.org/images/emu-4.jpg

acumenhokie 10-10-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOneDoubleN (Post 3585497)
You should be periodically opening your hood anyway to check your oil and other fluids.

Agreed but now I have to add "remove random crap" to the list of things to do while I'm under there.

todd3.6 10-10-2011 07:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by DanoH5656 (Post 3585577)
I got a bird stuck in mine once.

Damn emu's always crossing the road.

My wife, the intrepid bird hunter:
(not a Subie, but still pretty funny...)

Rogue77 10-11-2011 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAC5.2 (Post 3585243)
I got soap in there once.

It was horrible.

Yeah, I got soap in my Spec.B's intercooler, that is why I had to sell it.

schnacko23 10-11-2011 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogue77 (Post 3587369)
Yeah, I got soap in my Spec.B's intercooler, that is why I had to sell it.

Soap, like from washing the car? And how did it get inside the intercooler?

MatsuDano 10-11-2011 11:24 AM

That happened to another member too. He was lucky as the soap was only surface damage. He only had to go out and buy another one. If it had corroded into deep into the fins it would have been hell to pay.

acumenhokie 10-11-2011 11:45 AM

Is this something I should be worried about going through the car wash or do you have to really shoot it up in there like a 'tard?

thefultonhow 10-11-2011 11:59 AM

:lol:


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:09 AM.


LegacyGT.com