Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   Good bye LGT (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168908)

Vicky_808 08-26-2011 02:53 PM

Good bye LGT

This was a sad week. I sold my LGT and then bought a 2011 Kia Opitma SX. I can't believe how much nicer the Kia is. I only wish it had all wheel drive. Maybe one day Subaru will put a auto transmission with paddle shifters in the LGT. Wait they do just not for those of us in the U.S. :confused:

rtbrjason 08-26-2011 02:54 PM

Well you didn't have that very long.. What was the reasoning for the downgrade? ;)

exbagboy 08-26-2011 03:13 PM

Not bad, kinda like it. Just remove the KIA badge.
http://image.automobilemag.com/f/297...ma-SX-side.jpg

blklgt05 08-26-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky_808 (Post 3526367)
This was a sad week. I sold my LGT and then bought a 2011 Kia Opitma SX. I can't believe how much nicer the Kia is. I only wish it had all wheel drive. Maybe one day Subaru will put a auto transmission with paddle shifters in the LGT. Wait they do just not for those of us in the U.S. :confused:

Any trouble climbing uphill? :lol:

todd3.6 08-26-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

I'm not quite sold on the Kia name brand yet.
I have 'mostly' accepted Hyundai due to their continued improvement in vehicle quality. (Yes I know Kia is owned by Hyundai.)

But I do have to say that the designs coming out of South Korea are sure blowing Honda's latest offerings out of the water.

Maybe in 5-10 years Hyundai and Kia will warrant the same loyalty as Subaru and Toyota.

blklgt05 08-26-2011 03:42 PM

hmmrdwn 08-26-2011 04:03 PM

The Koreans have excellent styling teams. They create some beautiful cars. No doubt about it. I would definitely buy a Kia over many cars if looks were the sole factor. Like a poorman's Acura or Infiniti. I can see how living in Florida would make an AWD vehicle less critical.

Nice car. Enjoy.

musty_hustla 08-26-2011 04:09 PM

Isn't there a turbo optima with more HP than the LGT?

EDIT nevermind that's what she got...

BobGee 08-26-2011 07:07 PM

Wow nice car.

The AWD for me is too much of a win tho.

acumenhokie 08-26-2011 07:13 PM

Quote:

Sad to see it go. We'll see if the new owner pops up on the site. Did yo usell private party or to the Kia dealer? Did you part it out before you sold it?

Unlike you the lack of a auto transmission with flappy paddle gear box is one of the main reasons I liked the car.

acumenhokie 08-26-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musty_hustla (Post 3526486)
Isn't there a turbo optima with more HP than the LGT?

EDIT nevermind that's what she got...

More horsepower yes but I believe the 0-60 times is over 6 seconds.

hmmrdwn 08-26-2011 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acumenhokie (Post 3526665)
Sad to see it go. We'll see if the new owner pops up on the site. Did yo usell private party or to the Kia dealer? Did you part it out before you sold it?

Unlike you the lack of a auto transmission with flappy paddle gear box is one of the main reasons I liked the car.

Dealer down south would probably scoop that Subie on trade and transport it up north for a tidy profit. I bet the resale value climbs the farther north you go.

DrD123 08-26-2011 07:32 PM

For me, the jury is still out as far as long term reliability goes - they certainly look like nice cars, and have a hell of a warranty, but don't have the track record for durability I am looking for.

GTPpilot 08-26-2011 08:09 PM

Congrats on the new Ride !!! I tried getting the wife to get a Kia Sportage instead of the Acura RDX she ended up with. I really the Kia brand. I read an interview with the Kia CEO a long time ago and have alot of respect for the company. They are definitely car enthusiasts. Enjoy !!

Blizzard 08-26-2011 08:37 PM

No offense but that's a total downgrade as far as I'm concerned. Korean cars are terrible.