Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mid-Atlantic (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Crawdaddy79's dash cam collection of NOVA's bad drivers. (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166093)

Crawdaddy79 07-17-2011 09:05 AM

Crawdaddy79's dash cam collection of NOVA's bad drivers.

Damn it's been a while since my last thread update....

June 19th, 2014: Episode 14

May 7th, 2012: Episode 6 is DONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jan 22nd, 2012: Episode 5 is FINALLY DONE

It's pretty long (12 minutes). I really couldn't make it shorter. I tried, I really did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OCT 20, 2011: EPISODE 4 IS DONE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SEP 18 , 2011 UPDATE: EPISODE 3 IS DONE (Has the best content of the three, I think)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUG 12 , 2011 UPDATE: EPISODE 2 IS DONE
~~~Original Post Below~~~
Thought about posting this in General Chat, but figured those familiar with the Northern Virginia area would get more of a kick out of it, so I'm posting it here instead.

What I did was make a music video of sorts, set to road shenanigans that we commonly see.

I've had a long look at dashcam videos on YouTube for a lot of users, and I think I'm the first to make a music video out of it (or to put forth any serious effort to edit it).

Anyway, you can watch it here:

Of course, if I do make more videos I will post them in this thread.

Bolksey85 07-17-2011 11:24 AM

Wow, how did you NOT catch a crash on there? Oh, and can we get moar of the bikini chick in the next video?:lol:

Crawdaddy79 07-17-2011 05:07 PM

:lol: That is the ONLY time I've ever seen a girl in a bikini walking alongside the road... makes me that much happier that I got the dash cam.

Crawdaddy79 07-17-2011 05:08 PM

Wife probably won't respond well when she eventually watches the vid on YouTube but whatever. :lol:

lieutenantcolumbo 07-17-2011 07:05 PM

You need some footage Weds - Sat, about 2:30am to let the drunks start filtering out. Now that could be funny....or tragic.

blongo804 07-17-2011 09:16 PM

That was quite entertaining lol. Thanks for the laugh! Be safe driving!

Pinky 07-18-2011 04:43 PM

Nice. Being from the Baltimore area I can appreciate the crap you deal with. What type of camera system do you have? I've looked around a lot and haven't found anything worth investing in.

Crawdaddy79 07-18-2011 05:06 PM

It's just a Kodak ZX5 on a cheap suction cup mount, on top of a GPS pad (for GPS suction cups) for the dash board. I'm going to need to get a better suction cup mount though - this one is flexible aluminum, and it's gradually getting weaker as it sits in the heat.

xero287 07-18-2011 09:03 PM

Plus freaking one.

aferrari88 07-19-2011 03:15 PM

I lol'd at the prius that decided to just swerve on over into your lane...

EDIT: I REALLY lol'd at the pickup truck that just crossed two lanes at a red light to turn right

BoozeRS05 07-19-2011 03:36 PM

Good vid, altho I think Jersey has some pretty bad (read: worst) drivers..

xero287 07-19-2011 06:57 PM

DC = worst. But this isn't a competition lol

SubieChik 07-19-2011 08:39 PM

This is hilarious. Great video! I really :lol: at the frowning faces you put on the cars. Everytime one popped up I cracked up.

I think it is VA period. Everything in your video I see daily on my way to work....lol. In fact one of the last times I was hit, was by a guy making a uturn from the right lane and turned into me....said he didn't see anyone coming (uh still doesn't make it a legal turn either way)....then not too long after that I was making a left turn in the right left turn lane (there were two lanes to turn left)...the lady to the left of me completely disregarded the solid white line that showed her where to turn...decided she needed more room than she was given and came into my lane and side swiped me.......proceeded to Lowe's parked and went shopping. When she came out myself and 4 Hampton cops were waiting for her and she said oh gosh I didn't even know I hit her.....but I had her paint all down the side of my car and mine was on the corner of her front bumper.

Some people's children....

Sydtron 07-19-2011 09:29 PM

can pretty much ID that as DC metro area without the signs. The sheer number of people who don't pay attention to what exit they need, turn lanes, merge lanes, other cars. Half the reason why the beltway is such a shitshow is from people bolting from the left most lane at the last second to catch their exit.

BradyCat 07-19-2011 10:09 PM

I actually enjoyed that video, very well done :)