Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fourth Generation Legacy (2005 - 2009) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Got a brochure and I'm a bit disappointed... (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164)

Tin_pusher 01-21-2004 12:23 AM

Got a brochure and I'm a bit disappointed...
 
With the following so far.

1. No Nav system
2. No HID's, even though cars with the same price have them ie. Audi and Acura.
3. The instruments on the steering wheel do not have backlighting. This really sucks at night, and it not a pleasing omission in this class of vehicle.

AMT4SWA 01-21-2004 12:31 AM

What brochure do you have...the small introductory bi-fold one? This is just an overview of some of the key features of the car. I have read somewhere that NAV will be a U.S. option for the Legacy. The steering wheel lighting I do not know about (maybe some of the "Mate's" out west can fill us in?). I have a feeling that more Subaru news will be announced at the next big U.S. Auto Show (Chicago and New York).

Tin_pusher 01-21-2004 12:48 AM

Yeah, I went to the need-desire website and requested one and I got it in the mail today. They have a picture of the interior inside, and a description of features of the various models on the back. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of things I like about it, but the above are biggies for me.

*edit* And I hope you're right about the Nav system, but if they planned on offering it, I can only assume that they'd put it in the brochure.

AMT4SWA 01-21-2004 12:52 AM

No HID's are the main thing I am surprised about...I guess they are saving that for some variation in the future (STI or H6 Premium Edition???), also the 6 spd manual. :cry:


BTW, you a ARTCC or a Tower person?

Tin_pusher 01-21-2004 12:56 AM

I'm an approach and tower controller at Cascade Approach. Are you in the biz?

team23jordan 01-21-2004 01:30 AM

what no HID??
you gotta be kidding me
subaru is officially making a lot of people dissapointed about legacy by not having features that 30G car should have as either standard or option

team23jordan 01-21-2004 01:31 AM

this actually is pissing me off
even though i can get "wanna be HID bulbs and make it look like HID"
now i have to rethink about legacy because i can get other cars with better features with same money :evil:
now STi is first car that i wanna get on my list

AMT4SWA 01-21-2004 04:49 AM

Tin_Pusher...Fixed and rotary-wing pilot and I work at Southwest Airlines in aircraft maintenance. Sounds like you have a good area (region) to work! Good to have some aviation people here. :)

Skylab™ 01-21-2004 05:28 AM

I'd buy an aftermarket NAV system, or wait a model year for some options. The DVD NAV in the 2004 Acura models is amazing. You simply talk to it, and it finds directions, phone #'s, points of interest, etc. With built in BlueTooth™, it makes the NAV option quite appealing. This is the future of navigation systems.

Not to mention, Acura has DVD NAV and OnStar™.

I still want a Legacy, though.

Dr. Zevil 01-21-2004 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by team23jordan
this actually is pissing me off
even though i can get "wanna be HID bulbs and make it look like HID"
now i have to rethink about legacy because i can get other cars with better features with same money :evil:
now STi is first car that i wanna get on my list


Dude, the STi and the GT are not even REMOTELY the same car. Personally I am trying to get away from my WRX sedan because it feels cheap and small to me now. If you want an STi, then you are looking for performance and nothing else. If you want a GT then you are looking for a certain level of refinement and creature comforts integrated into a car that can lay some serious smackdown on the road. HID's are not that big of a deal. I can put some in myself. Be happy that we got projector lamps at all.

Oh, and how the hell are you gonna afford the insurance on an STi? I was scared of the insurance when I was going to buy one and I am almost 30. Don't get me wrong, I hope you get whatever you want.

gtguy 01-21-2004 11:05 AM

I got the same brochure, and got so geeked I couldn't even see straight. Then again, I don't care about HIDs, nav, or backlit steering wheel instruments, though I admit to not knowing what that final item is.

I thought about other cars with the same features for the same money, but thought of features those cars don't have, that the Legacy GT does:

Great looks
Killer performance
All-wheel drive

I'm sold, but y'all already knew that. :D

A well-designed projector system (I'm used to the Prodrive lights) can be excellent, particularly with the addition of some Philips VisionPlus bulbs.

Kevin

Dr. Zevil 01-21-2004 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtguy
I got the same brochure, and got so geeked I couldn't even see straight. Then again, I don't care about HIDs, nav, or backlit steering wheel instruments, though I admit to not knowing what that final item is.

I thought about other cars with the same features for the same money, but thought of features those cars don't have, that the Legacy GT does:

Great looks
Killer performance
All-wheel drive

I'm sold, but y'all already knew that. :D

Kevin

So you are getting a wagon Kevin? What do you need the space for? I am considering getting one but I just don't know if it's the right image for me. I have a dog and need to be able to carry things for the new house. But I just can't seem to get over the hump.

Skylab™ 01-21-2004 11:13 AM

When the Acura Integra debuted with projector beams, wasn't that considered revolutionary back then? I though the idea of tiny round headlights would look rather funny...and it did, for a bit...just like the WRX's bug-eyed lights!

GBY 01-21-2004 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtguy
Great looks
Killer performance
All-wheel drive

Trinkets are nice but this is what it's all about IMO.

PPower 01-21-2004 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skylab™
When the Acura Integra debuted with projector beams, wasn't that considered revolutionary back then? I though the idea of tiny round headlights would look rather funny...and it did, for a bit...just like the WRX's bug-eyed lights!

The 300ZX was using projectors for the low beams starting in 1990. I don't know who/what used projectors before then.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:15 PM.


LegacyGT.com