Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fifth Generation Legacy (2010 - 2014 ) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=92)
-   -   phonebook download-11 Legacy with HK+Nav (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161964)

magenois 05-12-2011 04:01 PM

phonebook download-11 Legacy with HK+Nav

hello

I recently sold my 2005 LGT a bought a 2011 Legacy 3.6R limited with the multimedia package (the harmon kardon + the nav unit).

I tried to download my mobile phone phonebook and couldnt get it to work.

My phone is a LG E900h, Windows Phone 7. It supports the Bluetooth PBAP profile for phonebook transfer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetoo...PBAP.2C_PBA.29)

when I activate the phonebook download option in the nav unit, it sits there saying that I need to activate the "send phonebook" function on the phone. With the PBAP profile on the windows phone, it's actually the "car kit" that should signal the phone to send the phonebook. That's how it worked anyway with the $50 blueant car kit I had in my 05 LGT. I assume the nav unit just dont support the PBAP phonebook download profile.

Is there anyone who has a trick or was able to get a Windows Phone 7 to download the phonebook to the car?

I work on the road as a representative and I have hundreds of contacts, manually entering them is not an option :)

thanks all

SurlyOldManMN 05-12-2011 04:09 PM

I couldn't get it to work with my blackberry storm. I have an windows phone now, suppose I could try it and see if I can make it play nice.

ajamils 05-12-2011 04:18 PM

I have Samsung Vibrant and the way I made it work in 2001 GT was by going to contracts and sending "Name Card" via Bluetooth and it worked without any issue.

magenois 05-12-2011 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajamils (Post 3388048)
I have Samsung Vibrant and the way I made it work in 2001 GT was by going to contracts and sending "Name Card" via Bluetooth and it worked without any issue.

That's the problem. Windows Phone supports only yhe PBAP phonebook profile which is initiated by the car kit so the phone doesnt have an option to send a vcard or phonebook entry.

From what I've found so far, the nav unit support only the "object push" profile (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bluetoo...file_.28OPP.29)

Quote:

A basic profile for sending "objects" such as pictures, virtual business cards, or appointment details. It is called push because the transfers are always instigated by the sender (client), not the receiver (server).

Magic Marker 05-12-2011 10:05 PM

I gave up since I can't sync my contacts via my iPhone 4.....So I just manually loaded the numbers I call most. I also have a loaded 3.6R Limited. The system is kind of quirky and I haven't really had the time to learn all the ins and outs.

magenois 05-13-2011 08:00 AM

AFAIK, the iPhone, just like Windows Phone 7, supports only the PBAP profile and does not support object push.

Volleyball 05-14-2011 09:51 AM

I could not get it to work with any of my phones either. Quickly realized that manually inputting the few I cared about was a lot quicker. I tend to ignore the rest while driving anyways.

shribob 05-14-2011 09:55 AM

Mine failed as well through my blackberry. Ended up doing what most others did with inputting the few numbers I needed.

sschmelcke 05-16-2011 04:19 PM

mine worked with my blackberry bold 9700. the iphone4 does not work but all my contacts are still loaded :)

magenois 05-17-2011 08:17 AM

This is what I did also. I had an old Samsung phone that supported the Object Push profile. I synched with my company exchange server via wifi and was able to upload all contacts into the Nav unit.

BTW, I found a few days ago, somewhere in the NAV unit manual, a list of the Bluetooth profiles that the unit support. It indeed only support the OPP (Object Push Profile for phone book download).

MoltoBene 11-16-2012 02:12 AM

contact download successful

I just purchased a 2013 Subaru Legacy, 3.6R Limited with NAV. I have an ancient, non-smart phone (Motorola Razor, model W755). When I tried loading my contacts using the NAV touchscreen, I almost always received the message that it failed. I must have tried dozens of times. My hope was kept up by the fact that it would sometimes go as far as displaying the message "downloading contacts, please wait" before the "failed" message.

Tonight I finally got it to work by shutting off the phone and then turning it back on while the car was running and with "phone" selected on the audio screen. When the car re-recognized my phone, I pushed the transfer button on the NAV screen, and all my contacts loaded into the system. Victory is sweet.

Magic Marker 11-16-2012 11:20 AM

^^Thanks.. rub it in :)

Gary245 11-17-2012 09:23 AM

I gave up trying to figure it out - went back to the dealer & had the salesman do it for me. Took the guy about 45 seconds....

Magic Marker 11-18-2012 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary245 (Post 4162659)
I gave up trying to figure it out - went back to the dealer & had the salesman do it for me. Took the guy about 45 seconds....

Wait... you got your phone book from an iPhone into the contacts for your 2011? How?

Gary245 11-19-2012 05:55 PM

^^^^ SORRY....

Verizon LG dumb phone. Not an iPhone.