Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Cosmetic/Electronic (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=118)
-   -   FS: "Switchback" LED Turn Signal Bulbs (video demo, sale!) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159272)

Diode Dynamics 04-05-2011 02:01 PM

FS: "Switchback" LED Turn Signal Bulbs (video demo, sale!)

3157 Dual-Color 60-1210 SMD is a direct replacement for any 3157-size front turn signal bulb. We sell them with single color and with a "Switchback" option. The "Switchback" is a unique, specialty item. When on as normal, with parking lights, it shines a nice, pure white color, and when you activate the turn signals, it flashes an amber color. Two colors, for an awesome lighting effect!

This bulb has 60 1210-size SMDs. It uses an 3157-size terminal and will fit as a replacement for stock halogen. It uses less power and heat than halogen bulbs, and will last longer, with its engineered heat-sinking technology. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LED from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LED from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12v operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Resistor Option: Some vehicles may have fast-blinking issues when LED bulbs are installed as turn signal replacements. We offer resistors to remedy this issue for a nominal charge. Alternatively, we offer plug-and-play flasher modules to regulate the flashing speed.

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not jack up the prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are made just for us by a company that has been in business since 1992, and every bulb carries with it a one-year full warranty.

Front Turn Signal LED Options
Rear Turn Signal LED Options

Front Turn Signal LED Options
Rear Turn Signal LED Options

Any questions, feel free to ask via email (contact@diodedynamics.com), Post or shoot us a PM!

Thanks,
Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

JaeGT 04-05-2011 05:46 PM

so this should be compatible with 08 turn signal bulbs which are 3457? and your flasher module would be a direct swap for the 08 one? i'm itching to pull the trigger on these. this is a great deal

blaze741 04-05-2011 06:50 PM

too bad my lights aren't cleared, otherwise I'd jump on this. But with my anber reflector still in there, I wonder how it would look. hmmm.

Diode Dynamics 04-05-2011 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaeGT (Post 3336549)
so this should be compatible with 08 turn signal bulbs which are 3457? and your flasher module would be a direct swap for the 08 one? i'm itching to pull the trigger on these. this is a great deal

This is compatible, but at this time, we don't have the flasher that is compatible. Please use the resistor kit. Thanks!

blongo804 04-05-2011 09:49 PM

These are pretty sweet and definitely considerable once I get some other things done that need to be. Good luck with the sales! We'll be in touch one day. :)

JaeGT 04-06-2011 01:57 AM

sweet. just made the order on your website. can't wait to install these! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul J. McCain (Post 3336763)
Correct on both counts! Thanks!

Diode Dynamics 04-06-2011 02:48 PM

Shipped out today :)

JaeGT 04-06-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul J. McCain (Post 3337772)
Shipped out today :)

Got shipping info this morning! that's fast :)

oops. sorry, meant shipping label xD. will take pics and vids once installed

blaze741 04-06-2011 04:30 PM

pics pics!

metsfan999 04-06-2011 09:44 PM

whats the difference between using the flasher module and load resistor kit? why is the resistor kit more expensive than the flasher module? once i get an answer, im pulling the trigger on these bad boys!

Diode Dynamics 04-06-2011 09:49 PM

You will need the resistor kit for the Legacy, as the flasher doesn't fit this vehicle. As for price, the resistors are simply a more expensive part. Thanks!

JaeGT 04-06-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul J. McCain (Post 3338346)
You will need the resistor kit for the Legacy, as the flasher doesn't fit this vehicle. As for price, the resistors are simply a more expensive part. Thanks!

I asked about the flasher module for my 08 LGT and you said they were a direct swap... now you're saying the opposite? :confused: i already ordered the bulbs with your flasher module... what do i do now? -_-;;

Diode Dynamics 04-06-2011 09:57 PM

I'm sorry, I misspoke, please PM or email me your name and I'll send out a resistor kit immediately. We will have the correct flashers shortly but right now do not have the type needed for direct swap in the Legacy.

Diode Dynamics 04-07-2011 11:52 AM

OK, we have the correct flashers listed, they will be available on Wednesday. Thanks!

RIPjeep2002 04-07-2011 12:22 PM

Just ordered the bulbs and resistors for my new headlights! Can't wait

Edit......Paul got my confirmation email and it says flasher module......what I need is just the in line resistor kit, not the flasher module replacement. The order is from unc148@msn.com