Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pacific Northwest (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FS: Stg.2 part-out (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158439)

Habitual Line Stepper 03-24-2011 02:09 PM

FS: Stg.2 part-out

Xo2 racing DP (catless / 5AT): $75 plus stock DP (5AT)

(SOLD)Xo2 racing Catback: $150, has a rattle in the resonator from high centering, gotto weld to fix it, which any muffler shop can do. This part is at PIA currently and they also have the means to fix it as a reasonable price.

AVO v.2 TMIC: $500, also fits 08+ wrx

Cobb AP v.2 (canbus): $450

(SOLD)K&N Typhoon CAI: $150

(SOLD) IPT 5sp automatic Valve Body upgrade: $600 + your stock VB. This VB came out of a 2005 LGT originally. So it will fit 05-06 LGTs just fine. There was a revision in mid 2007 to the 5sp auto tranny so do your research and figure out if you are pre-revision. To my knowledge it will not fit 08-09 autos. PIA will do the swap, pay for your own labor.
FYI: To have this done to your VB by IPT requires shipping to/from NJ and atleast a week of down time for your car.

Perrin rear sway bar (24mm i think): $100 plus stock rear sway.

(PENDING)Perrin Hybrid BOV: $125

Prices are pretty firm (but cash talks), no trades unless i need a stock part.

Also the car is for sale..... i'll throw up 16k obo if you want the car with the parts on it speak up or i'll part out as planned

homegrwn97 03-24-2011 02:12 PM

Are you getting rid of your LGT??

Habitual Line Stepper 03-24-2011 02:12 PM

yes sir

FocuS 03-24-2011 03:56 PM

And getting what?

How you been man?
....been a while...

Habitual Line Stepper 03-24-2011 05:00 PM

Not really sure what i want as a replacement yet, tossing a couple of cars around, but not decided on anything. Chances are its not gonna be a subaru.

I've been good, just living the dream.

Aodhan 03-24-2011 05:49 PM

What cars are you considering? I have thought about selling mine, but since its paid off I dont really like the idea of another car payment again.

RyanGT 03-24-2011 07:26 PM

Aodhan, it's not just about another car payment again. I feel that if you're happy with your LGT and it's not becoming a money pit, just keep it and enjoy it. I simply can't find any new car for the money that's going to give me the same level of fun as my current LGT modded the way I want it. I am fortunate to have a more sedate and comfortable car as a daily driver. Whenever I get back into the LGT, the ride is more harsh, the exhaust is noisy, the BlueTooth doesn't work like I want it to, the Nav's directions are sometimes :spin: and :confused: and she drinks like an Irish mofo! But after a couple hard turns and some shennigans on the familiar on-ramps/off-ramps, everything is forgiven and I am back in love with the car again. There is a sense of being one with the car again.

I think everyone on this forum should take his LGT to a road track like what TrippleB did recently. I know that Spoonwacker, goneskiian and mcbracken had done it too. You will be amazed how easy, intuitive and wonderful it is to drive fast in the LGT. Sure the BMW 335i and M3 will drive and handle better but those cars are at least 2X the price of a LGT. If you can afford them, more power to you.

Sorry HLS to hijack your thread a little. Good Luck with the sale. I know you had a lot fun with your LGT. I have seen some recent pics of the Beast.... it is easily one of the narly-looking ones around here. And all the best with whatever you end up getting!

natecr 03-24-2011 09:26 PM

posted on your nasioc thread..

Habitual Line Stepper 03-25-2011 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aodhan (Post 3322646)
What cars are you considering? I have thought about selling mine, but since its paid off I dont really like the idea of another car payment again.

Well since my car isnt payed off i'm actually trying to get to where you are at. But the good news is my car has tons of positive equity so it represents more than half of what my current budget for another car is.

As for what i'm currently looking at.... well its all over the map. I'm really digging the VIP scene so i'm looking at the infiniti Y34 M45, Lexus ls400/430, Lexus is300, Lexus SC300/400, Lexus 2nd Gen GS300/400/430, infiniti Y33 Q45, infiniti G35 sedan and a BMW E39 540i (not really because it'll break and i'll be broke afterwards).

I've also looked at coupes/ because i want to try my hand at some time attack / autocross stuff. So i've also looked at E36 M3, RX8/RX7 and mk3 supras with the 7mgte.

Then there was another way i wanted to go ..... get a beater and then put the rest of my money into starting a project car. In this case i'd probably get a corrolla or civic or some beat GC / 1st gen legacy to drive around in. Then as for projects i've really had a thing for LSX swaps in E36 bimmers/RX7/S14. Or get an aristo front clip and 2JZGTE swap a MK4 supra rolling chassis. Also, RB25DET swap a Zenki S14 and try my hand at drifting (nah). And of course stick with a subaru.... full sti swap on a 2nd gen legacy rolling chassis or GC8.

As you can see.... i dont quite know yet, all i know is i'm selling my legacy. But if i had it payed off i wouldnt, i'd keep the thing and either get another car as a DD and build my legacy or have my legacy be my DD and take my sweet time building something amazing. Either way you can still avoid a car payment and have a project.

FocuS 03-25-2011 11:08 AM

...I have a friend with a Bagged Q45 on 20s...looks pretty Ill if you like the VIP thing...?

He was talking about selling a while ago but I'm sure he still has it...

Habitual Line Stepper 03-25-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natecr (Post 3322868)
posted on your nasioc thread..

If you got the cash we can do the deal.

RyanGT 03-25-2011 02:52 PM

HLS, you should definitely go the VIP route with either a Infiniti Q or Lexus LS. I don't see that many around here with the VIP look.

Yukonart 03-25-2011 04:24 PM

HLS, is the AP compatible with 05-06? I forget which year your GT is. :P

Habitual Line Stepper 03-25-2011 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yukonart (Post 3323771)
HLS, is the AP compatible with 05-06? I forget which year your GT is. :P

I dont think so, its a canbus AP. Might wanna ask around and see. Call PIA they'll tell you, but i think the answer is no.

wpmarky 03-25-2011 04:46 PM

07-09 = canbus = AP sub-003
05-06 = Cobb AP sub-002