Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Warranty Issues & Problems (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "Studdering" Fix Released (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15254)

Opie 07-11-2005 09:55 AM

"Studdering" Fix Released

SOA has issued a fix for the studdering some of you are experiencing, it requires the dealer to remove your ECU and ship it the SOA-NJ for reprogramming. This is covered under the factory warranty and your dealership will need to call the SOA Tech line for authorization before sending your ECU in.

Here is the e-mail I got this morning:
Quote:

We now have reprogramming available for 2005 Legacy Turbo to reduce the surging feeling during moderate acceleration and for code P2097.
You've been informed.

melayout 07-11-2005 09:57 AM

Sticky.

Wee, Thanks, SoA, now fix the damn brake pads. :D

Thanks again.:)

Opie, got a reference number for the bulletin/announcement ?

Earthworm 07-11-2005 09:59 AM

Can't they just email it to us so we can reflash it ouselves with our AP's?

(Just kidding)

melayout 07-11-2005 10:05 AM

Oh, remember to unmarry your AccessPort before you go in for the fix.

PGT 07-11-2005 10:11 AM

*sticky*

So, what's the turnaround? Any issues for those with an AP? Besides unmarrying it of course before bringing it in.

OCDetails 07-11-2005 10:14 AM

Do I need to go without my car while they do this? I don't care either way. I'm ready to go to my dealership and have them give me a loaner for a couple weeks if they have to. That studder thing is damn annoying. It went away when I pulled the fuse to my ECU, but then it came back a week or two later. I want a permenant fix.

melayout 07-11-2005 10:17 AM

Or they could have a few loaner ECUs.

fzanetti 07-11-2005 10:17 AM

Do we have a bulleting or announcement on this when we take our cars to the dealers for that matter?

Please advise,

Flavio Zanetti
Boston, MA

firedawgs 07-11-2005 10:22 AM

I am guessing you have to bring it to the dealer first and have the problem duplicated. To my knowledge the shuttering is on first start up and cold days. That won't work well with these warm temps.

melayout 07-11-2005 10:26 AM

Even in warm temps, just hit up a hill, go partial throttle and the car will sing like Rueben Studder.

Halcyon 07-11-2005 11:10 AM

Hmm, it seems a bit odd that the ECU would have to be shipped to NJ for reprogramming. What's the point of a flash memory if you have to take the chip out anyway?

However, I will be first in line for this fix. :) I've learned to live with the shake-shake-shake, but it is darn embarrassing trying to explain why my $30k car is so jittery.

dark_rex 07-11-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melayout
Or they could have a few loaner ECUs.

why do that and risk making sense?

dR

inthedeck 07-11-2005 11:19 AM

YEAH!!! Now, I can get this stupid thing fixed....I have been 'dealing' with it, but it's SOOO freaking irritating. Let's hope that the 'fix' does something for us...otherwise, it will be useless, and cause some downtime for no reason.

i.

melayout 07-11-2005 11:21 AM

It is actually better for the dealer todo so.

Instead of every LGT owner coming in, leaving their car(takes up parking space) and take a loaner(another expense).

Allocate 2-5 ECUs to each dealer and then each dealer would have a rolling schedule since they can only have as many ECUs out to be fixed as they have loaners. Since the ECUs are a one time expense and can be used later for any ECU related repairs, it would cost much less and not impact the customer's experience since they don't have to leave their baby gutless for who knows how long.

dark_rex 07-11-2005 11:24 AM

what should the people do who are just buying one? demand the reflash be done before buying it?

dR