Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   FredBeansParts (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Koni Sport Absorbers (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147545)

FredBeansParts 10-13-2010 06:22 AM

Koni Sport Absorbers

These are a great option for Legacy GT owners that do not want to go with a complete Coilover System, but still want to improve Handling & have the ability to adjust & fine tune their Legacies Absorbers.

Contact us for pricing!

Click Here for a walkthrough for installing Koni's paired with Epic Engineering Springs:
http://legacygt.com/forums/showthrea....html?t=145744

http://www.fredbeansparts.com/media/...hocks_md_2.jpg

Contact us for pricing!

Front fitment:
Housing: Cartridge Insert - Special McPherson strut insert gets bolted into OE housing after cutting top and removing old internal parts.

Rear fitment:
Complete Strut Assembly.

The Externally Adjustable Koni Sport shock absorbers were developed for sporting drivers by focusing on exceptional road holding and handling properties, combined with an acceptable level of comfort.

Contact us for pricing!

FredBeansParts 10-19-2010 06:25 PM

In Stock!

MDork 10-20-2010 05:00 PM

Can you PM me with pricing please :D

FredBeansParts 10-21-2010 06:47 AM

pm sent sir!

'05 Outback 2.5i 10-21-2010 09:04 AM

You should seriously consider offering an option for the Outbacks (that retains ride height). I think you would have plenty of Outback XT guys flooding your phone lines...

225/60HR16 Bridgestone G009's

whitetiger 10-21-2010 09:26 AM

^ i had though about this. im pretty sure i can make the front inserts fit in the front outback strut housings, but the rear replacement struts would not fit since they would be too short.

KartRacerBoy 10-21-2010 09:29 AM

FBP, PM me on pricing, please.

Also, do you sell rear remote adjustment extenders so I can adjust the rear shocks without removing them or removing all rear interior trim on my LGT wagon?

Finally, since I am a little leery of finding competenet installers out here in South Bend, also PM the price of the adjustable Tokicos, if you have them, with the rear remote adjustment extenders, please.

'05 Outback 2.5i 10-21-2010 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitetiger (Post 3138519)
^ i had though about this. im pretty sure i can make the front inserts fit in the front outback strut housings, but the rear replacement struts would not fit since they would be too short.

Yeah, my bad, I was under the impression that Fred Beans had worked with Koni to have a kit made for the Legacy's, but I see it is just the Kit that has been available from Koni for some time now (cut and gut they call it). There was some discussion on the Outback board about Inserts that would work for the front, but then the rear is an issue, so it looks like us Outback guys are still stuck with the JDM Bilstein option or experimenting with different springs and KYB GR-2 Struts..

FredBeansParts 10-21-2010 10:15 AM

I'll take a look into that for you Scott =)

-=The Boss=- 10-21-2010 10:27 AM

PM me the price also?

FredBeansParts 10-21-2010 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KartRacerBoy (Post 3138526)
FBP, PM me on pricing, please.

Also, do you sell rear remote adjustment extenders so I can adjust the rear shocks without removing them or removing all rear interior trim on my LGT wagon?

Finally, since I am a little leery of finding competenet installers out here in South Bend, also PM the price of the adjustable Tokicos, if you have them, with the rear remote adjustment extenders, please.

sent!

FredBeansParts 10-21-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=The Boss=- (Post 3138654)
PM me the price also?

sent! :spin:

brum 10-21-2010 11:43 AM

Could I get a quote for the exact same stuff as my Indiana buddy KartRacerBoy

FredBeansParts 10-21-2010 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brum (Post 3138750)
Could I get a quote for the exact same stuff as my Indiana buddy KartRacerBoy

you got it!

Impatient 10-24-2010 11:03 PM

Hey Fred

Quote:

Originally Posted by '05 Outback 2.5i (Post 3138583)
Yeah, my bad, I was under the impression that Fred Beans had worked with Koni to have a kit made for the Legacy's, but I see it is just the Kit that has been available from Koni for some time now (cut and gut they call it). There was some discussion on the Outback board about Inserts that would work for the front, but then the rear is an issue, so it looks like us Outback guys are still stuck with the JDM Bilstein option or experimenting with different springs and KYB GR-2 Struts..

+1 on that plead, Fred. Outback guys are still waiting for something other than bottom of the line KYB (bottom of THEIR line), worse from Monroe, sketchy Coilovers, or highway robbery / black market Bilstein BTS's. Probably obvious we aren't going to race our Outbacks, but a street-friendly setup with MUCH better manners would be appreciated...matching springs with up to a 1" drop wouldn't hurt.

One other option would be to import the non-USDM KYB setup, complete with tophats, springs etc that are different , to make a true bolt on.

This is for 05-09 Outbacks, in case that isn't clear...especially for XT's....something to go along with the Cobb/Hotchkiss bars which will be available....WHEN?????