Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Logan's Run (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   Who else loves their Infamous1 tune? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140002)

balrock01 06-18-2010 07:36 PM

Who else loves their Infamous1 tune?

1 Attachment(s)
Put on a RacerX FMIC and going through revisions via Infamous. I was comparing some of the data from the TMIC and FMIC. At 10psi the car is spooling about 300 RPM's slower, but flowing more on the MAF. At redline she just does not want to stop!!:spin: I know it spools like shit, but it was like that from day 1. The Deadbolt, free rebuilds for life(only when in business), superzilla, superlagging, freight train turbo that it is. See enclosed. Can't wait for E85! Oh, this is still not the final tune, revision4.

m sprank 06-18-2010 11:33 PM

Enjoy. I <3 my Infamous tunes.

biz77 06-18-2010 11:47 PM

Tha is pretty slow spool for an 18G. Is it a TD06H 8cm? 2.18 seconds 60-80 ain't too shabby! That should be pretty fierce on ethanol.

m sprank 06-18-2010 11:50 PM

Several possible reasons for slower spool. Tune is not complete either. Might still be working on spooling faster.

Drift Motion 06-19-2010 03:05 AM

so how many of you got rid of your AP for his tune?

im debating...

Dntk 06-19-2010 05:09 AM

I was smart and went straight for the tune :D the AP just didn't make much sense to me. I mean does the AP have an end all tune for stage 1 and 2 or something? I mean i love my car more than life, and I'm the only one who gets to play around with her insides and ill let Infamous1 fix the psychological damage afterward to make sure she is always in top condition!

balrock01 06-19-2010 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biz77 (Post 2991458)
Tha is pretty slow spool for an 18G. Is it a TD06H 8cm? 2.18 seconds 60-80 ain't too shabby! That should be pretty fierce on ethanol.

Infamous even said my car does not spool well, but it moves huge ammounts of air. I really don't think there is much more he could do for spool. It is a TD06, but I am not sure of the 7 or 8cm.
I had the AP V1 for quite awhile. I don't ever recall open source when I started on here. However, I ditched the AP when I had to get a new tune. For several reasons, Infamous was the way to go. It might pick up a RPM or 2 for quicker spool, but I am not hoping for too much more. When I bought this turbo from TDC, I think AVO turbo's just started to appear on here and were ALOT more than the TDO6.

blakout 06-19-2010 07:22 PM

I have only had his base map so far, but the car feels amazing already. Just finished all the work on it mechanically and I cant wait until its all finished up. What are the issues with AP tuning. I am using that right now with AccessTuner Race. I am a little confused though which parameters on there I am supposed to be logging and how it all works. Just downloaded it today and havent had a chance to get in the car with it.

balrock01 06-19-2010 08:37 PM

There is nothing wrong with AP tuning. If you have an AP and can get a tune from Infamous, then I would call it good. People have their own opinions on the whole opensource and Cobb protune debate.
I would really love to see the comparison beteween our 2 18G's when our tunes are done. How does yours spool? Mine sucks, but midrange and top end are killer. What all mods do you have? I have a busted VF-40 that the wife keeps talking about turning into a LGT style HTA-68....LOL!

yamie700 06-19-2010 08:47 PM

What intake do you have, still K&N typhoon?

blakout 06-19-2010 08:59 PM

I havent really pushed it yet since its only a base map and I just got ast lthe CEL code off today. I can feel it pull just above 3K. Its a full stage 3.5 build minus cbe and headers.

blakout 06-19-2010 09:00 PM

Oh yeah, I just noticed you have a fmic...I have an AVO tmic so that will be a limiting factor for me comparing the two

balrock01 06-19-2010 09:13 PM

Yeah, I was only hitting about 18psi with the TMIC and you can see the logs now. I was comparing the TMIC and FMIC logs and at 10psi the FMIC was about 300RPM's behind the TMIC, but the MAF g/s were higher. All you need now is to get ahold of bryan (itsme) and he can hook you up! I just got the Ok from Shamar to start getting on it and that was at revision 4. Drive nice! Oh, love the GRP!!:wub:

m sprank 06-19-2010 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drift Motion (Post 2991546)
so how many of you got rid of your AP for his tune?

im debating...

Me.

blakout 06-20-2010 01:38 AM

Im at the point I would love to sell my AP cause when I am trying to have it monitoring whats going on the damn thing keeps resetting.

Tonight I went to a friends house which is maybe 7 miles from my house. In between us is a gigantic mountain which I was taking very slow but near the base where it is the steepest, my clutch was slipping horribly. GAY!

Balrock01 - I was gonna get that FMIC, but I want to keep it as close to stock as possible so the TMIC is the only option for me.........for now, until I get the bug to go HTA68 power like Mike