Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crucial Racing Systems, Inc. (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Jeremy's taking a full-time job elsewhere. Read me! (vendors, too... see bottom) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119227)

Crucial Racing 08-25-2009 12:17 AM

Jeremy's taking a full-time job elsewhere. Read me! (vendors, too... see bottom)

Legacy GT crew --

I'm taking a position with Tesla Motors that will have me working full time. I will continue to run Crucial Racing as I always have, except e-mail/PM/post responses will obviously be delayed as I wont be able to answer until I'm home from work for the day.

As you may have noticed, we don't really have any Crucial products anymore. Exhaust parts, springs, etc are gone. Crucial will be 90% retail of other brands from now on. These retail parts are almost entirely drop-shipped from our extremely reliable distributor, so even though I wont be around during the day there will be no delays in shipping out orders! All of you who have ordered non-Crucial-brand parts over the past couple of years know that they arrive extremely quickly (typically FedEx Express 2-3 day) and our prices are always extremely competitive. That wont change! We carry basically everything on the market that you can bolt to a Subaru (or any other popular car, for that matter) from all of the top brands. Thousands upon thousands of parts are in stock. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get many of these parts up on the Crucial website, but I will be working on it. For the time being, please continue to e-mail for quotes on anything you may need. I always try to make it more than worth your time spent to send an e-mail and wait for a response by making it up with killer pricing and quick shipping.

The other 10% of the business, btw, will continue to be our services like porting, polishing, and coating of turbos, cylinder heads, manifolds, and other exhaust parts.

Basically, nothing at all is changing except our usual super-quick responses to e-mails, PMs, etc will suffer as I wont be able to respond during the work day.

Thanks guys!

Jeremy

OTHER VENDORS: We don't want to see our great products simply disappear because Crucial will no longer be making them (I just don't have time to ship and stock inventory now). If you're interested in purchasing the rights to our Crucial springs (04-07 WRX, 08+ WRX, 05+ Legacy GT, Evo 8 & 9, and more), uppipes, downpipes (and we have a new design that is TOTALLY unlike anything else on the market and, frankly, pretty revolutionary), etc, please e-mail me.

Crucial Racing 08-25-2009 12:18 AM

BTW -- drove a Roadster and Roadster Sport today and OMG holy crap! they're quick!!! It's unlike anything I've ever driven. Despite having been behind the wheel of extremely high HP Subaru's, Evo's, and some V8 cars, the feel of the electric motor is something totally unique. Since an electric motor makes 100% of its torque from 0 rpm on up to a pretty high rpm, and there's only one gear that's driven directly (no clutch, no trans), when you floor the gas it GOES. Even at 50 mph, flooring the pedal throws you back like my 385 HP Legacy does in 1st gear. It just snaps your neck. And.... no shifting. Just go go go go. And throttle response is completely instant... no delay for air to get sucked into the engine, injectors to change fueling, etc. I had a big grin :lol:

Maybe the coolest thing is that literally anybody can hit the 3.7 second 0-60 time. All you do is push the gas. No shifting at all. It's a trip. And the regenerative braking is pretty aggressive... it feels very much like you've downshifted and are engine braking, except it's a little stronger in most cases and it's totally consistent (doesn't change force w/ rpm like a gas engine under decel). It really feels like you're driving a manual trans car in the response and the decel. Very very sweet :cool:

Jeremy

TSi+WRX 08-25-2009 09:44 PM

Congrats Jeremy!

When I start upgrading the LGT again, I'll still keep Crucial in mind. Y'all have always done right by me - and the rest of the LGT.com community. :)

NORULZleggy 08-29-2009 12:05 PM

congrats, Tesla I here is making some neat cars. good luck.

Crucial Racing 08-31-2009 09:47 PM

The Roadster is definitely neat, but I'm at least as excited about future cars like the Model S and the thing(s) coming after. It'll help mainstream this technology and the cars are absolutely gorgeous, feature-packed, and quick as heck for their price range (Model S, for example, will start a bit over $50k and is nicer inside and out than any BMW)

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/...0b0964cc_b.jpg

Jeremy

VTGT 08-31-2009 09:51 PM

That is exciting news. What exactly will you be doing for Tesla? Or is it confidential :)

NSFW 09-11-2009 04:55 AM

Congratulations, that sounds great!

Last time I went to the local dragstrip there were 4-5 Teslas there, all pulling very low 13s. I learned a lot about them from the owners in between races, it's really neat to see this technology coming to fruition.

Emmo 09-11-2009 04:59 AM

Wow. I am incredibly jealous, you've landed my dream job. Have fun working at the most innovative and exciting car company in the world.

Crucial Racing 09-16-2009 12:28 AM

I've definitely landed my dream job also! Well... Crucial is pretty much that, too, I've just never had the means to actually make it large enough that it can support me as I grow up and get married and all that stuff :p

I'm an inside sales advisor / business development dude. Basically, helping the sales team to be more efficient and working to create a system that keeps them on task and makes sure they're dealing with customers who are actually interested in purchasing a car. As you might imagine, Tesla gets tons of inquiries from people who are interested in the technology and whatnot but don't have the means to purchase a Roadster right now. So we're trying to make sure those people can get info and keep in touch, but they don't take up all of the sales team's time because our customers interested in purchasing require a lot of one-on-one time to go through the process, spec out the car, and have all sorts of questions answered since it's a new technology and whatnot.

Jeremy

MDork 10-03-2009 08:49 PM

Congrats Jeremy. So are you working for Doreen? I hosted an event at the Tesla HQ last year. Awesome stuff.

rs6er 10-03-2009 09:23 PM

I drove a roadster recently. Agree with you 100% about the experience. Eerie how fast it is with no noise. A little heavy on the cornering though. Good luck!

Tide 10-06-2009 02:27 PM

Waiting to see the sport version of the Model S here, then you'll get a deposit.

VTGT 10-06-2009 03:49 PM

PMed you.