Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crucial Racing Systems, Inc. (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Koni inserts/shocks for the Legacy GT ON SALE RIGHT NOW!!! (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109606)

Crucial Racing 04-06-2009 04:05 PM

Koni inserts/shocks for the Legacy GT ON SALE RIGHT NOW!!!

1 Attachment(s)
...Was reminded today by one of the LGT.com crew that Koni has just lowered their pricing for some undisclosed amount of time as a special sale! Basically a 'stimulus/bad economy sale' :p. Our wholesale cost dropped along with it, so we can pass this sale on to you guys!!!

For some limited time only, the full set of Koni front inserts and rear shocks for the 05-09 Legacy GT from Crucial is... drumroll...

$625 SHIPPED!!!

We can combine these with Eibach, Progress, Cobb, Whiteline, Perrin, Tein, etc springs and/or swaybars at great prices (package deal discount fo sho). Kartboy and lots of other endlinks, etc etc etc also... Enkei and other wheels, too :p

Progress springs (which are uber affordable!!!) on an LGT from Progress' website:

(edit: okay, linking isn't working so it's attached to this post as an upload)

Please e-mail me (CrucialRacing@gmail.com) if you'd like to pick up a set.

Jeremy

LaynDoor 04-07-2009 08:18 PM

good deal... sign me up for a set!

I need these BAD cuz my stockers are SHOT! I'll shoot ya an email in the am.

Jon

Crucial Racing 04-07-2009 11:09 PM

Sounds like a plan!

Jeremy

LaynDoor 04-08-2009 01:26 PM

email sent...cant wait to get these!!!

Regal05LGT 04-08-2009 06:37 PM

Bump for an awesome vendor!

Crucial Racing 04-08-2009 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaynDoor (Post 2394574)
email sent...cant wait to get these!!!

Got them ordered up with Koni today so they should be on the way to you soon!

Jeremy

LaynDoor 04-09-2009 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial Racing (Post 2395301)
Got them ordered up with Koni today so they should be on the way to you soon!

Jeremy

Awesome! thanks!

Now I dont even want to drive the car untill I install these... lol

Cyni 04-13-2009 01:58 PM

Jeremy, any idea if Koni is working on a set to work with the '08-09 WRX's? Sure would be nice to have a performance option available. I remember you were checking a few months back... Any word since then?

Crucial Racing 04-13-2009 02:04 PM

Haven't heard anything yet but I'm positive they'll have it ready soon. It's certainly going to be a popular application for them so I'm sure they're working on it.

eHoward 04-14-2009 09:24 PM

Any install threads on these? I'm interested but want to see how much work it is to get these installed.

lilbrudder 04-14-2009 09:54 PM

do you have them for an SVX?

Crucial Racing 04-15-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eHoward (Post 2404683)
Any install threads on these? I'm interested but want to see how much work it is to get these installed.

Shockingly simple.

The rears are replacement shocks so nothing weird there.

The fronts are inserts and the Koni insert actually goes inside of your OEM strut housing. A lot of people are scared away because it seems like that would be complicated, but it's actually very straight-forward and simple (and most suspension install shops are familiar with doing it):

1) cut around the top of the OEM strut housing so the top 'cap' can come off. You can do this in no time at all with an angle grinder, or in a couple minutes with a hacksaw. The instructions tell you approximately where to do it, and it doesn't even have to be particularly precise or clean or straight.

2) turn strut upside down and stock internals will dump out of it, leaving you with a hollow housing

3) drill a hole in the bottom of the housing

4) slide the Koni insert into the housing

5) screw the supplied bolt w/ washer through the hole you drilled in the bottom of the housing and into the Koni insert and tighten. This is what holds the insert securely inside of the housing.

Done!

Jeremy

Crucial Racing 04-15-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbrudder (Post 2404755)
do you have them for an SVX?

Koni doesn't list that as one of their applications. Do you know if the struts/shocks on the SVX are compatible with any other Subarus? Like can you swap for GC8 ones or struts from another model?

Jeremy

goneskiian 04-15-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crucial Racing (Post 2405794)
Shockingly simple.

The rears are replacement shocks so nothing weird there.

The fronts are inserts and the Koni insert actually goes inside of your OEM strut housing. A lot of people are scared away because it seems like that would be complicated, but it's actually very straight-forward and simple (and most suspension install shops are familiar with doing it):

1) cut around the top of the OEM strut housing so the top 'cap' can come off. You can do this in no time at all with an angle grinder, or in a couple minutes with a hacksaw. The instructions tell you approximately where to do it, and it doesn't even have to be particularly precise or clean or straight.

2) turn strut upside down and stock internals will dump out of it, leaving you with a hollow housing

3) drill a hole in the bottom of the housing

4) slide the Koni insert into the housing

5) screw the supplied bolt w/ washer through the hole you drilled in the bottom of the housing and into the Koni insert and tighten. This is what holds the insert securely inside of the housing.

Done!

Jeremy

Before you cut the top off I believe you'll want to drill a small hole in the bottom first to let the pressure escape. ;)

eHoward 04-16-2009 12:50 PM

Thanks for the explanation. If I do Koni's, I'll definitely buy them through you!