Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   RalliTEK Performance (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Rallitek vs. Eibach springs (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107160)

Daedalus 03-03-2009 09:03 AM

Rallitek vs. Eibach springs

I'm mainly looking to increase handling while still keeping the car comfortable for daily driving (which is why I'm looking to stay with progressive rate springs). These will be attached to JDM GT Rev.A Bilsteins as well as Cusco sways. Any suggestions on what the differences are? I'm leaning towards the Rallitek ones as they seem to lower the car less (on Bilsteins) and are cheaper.

Thanks!

monkonmonk 06-27-2009 08:33 AM

A little old of a thread, but....I am also curious as a comparison between Rallitek and Eibach. Even if they are rumored to be of the same manufacturer, what did Rallitek not like about the Eibach's to just be a vendor for those. Why the need to tweak? Is there something wrong with the Eibach setup? I would be on stock USDM GT struts, however, compared to the OP.

KurtP 08-05-2009 05:05 PM

bump for an answer?

JSK05LGT 08-07-2009 09:53 PM

I purchased a set of Eibach springs but never got to use them (wanted a lower stance to pair with a set of Tokico D-spec) The individual I sold them to however is on the threads, perhaps those running them could give feedback...

RIPjeep2002 08-08-2009 08:49 AM

I am running Eibach's. Lowered an even inch all around. Perfect stance, perfect ride, no body roll in corners and just feels all around more stable.

JSK05LGT 08-08-2009 01:41 PM

There you go Deadalus! One good review :o)

Rallitek.com 08-11-2009 03:33 PM

We have not made a direct comparison between our springs and Eibach's. It will be difficult to answer without comparing them side by side.

Any local volunteers?

Sean S.

www.RalliTEK.com

mand3j 08-26-2009 10:10 PM

I went with Rallitek springs and couldn't be happier.
I fall into the category of "want the car lower, but
didn't want a stiff ride."

My opinion, this is how the car should feel off the showrooom floor.

Ferenczy33 08-27-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monkonmonk (Post 2517206)
A little old of a thread, but....I am also curious as a comparison between Rallitek and Eibach. Even if they are rumored to be of the same manufacturer, what did Rallitek not like about the Eibach's to just be a vendor for those. Why the need to tweak? Is there something wrong with the Eibach setup? I would be on stock USDM GT struts, however, compared to the OP.

Years ago an old friend of mine worked for Ground Control Suspension which is run by Jay Morris. Jay is basically a god when comes to suspension setups. At that time they had a deal with Eibach where they were also having custom made springs from their manufacturer. In fact, at that same time one of their employees left to go work as a design engineer for Eibach. Not sure if this is the same sort of thing, and not sure I have an answer as to why. Maybe the techs at Rallitek have been working with Eibach's original spring design and improved it or modified the ride height slightly to sit lower. Doesn't the stock Eibach kit only drop 1 inch in the front and 0.8 inch in the rear? Maybe Rallitek is going with something a little more aggressive?

polatinte 10-27-2009 04:19 PM

This is probably a moot point by now, as Eibach has discontinued their springs for the Legacy. So if you're set between Eibach and Rallitek, Rallitek is your choice.

Bovesnh1 02-16-2010 11:21 AM

Are there any deals to be had on the RalliTek Springs? I had a set of Eibach's and sold them to upgrade to C/O's. It appears I bit off more than I could chew and want to sell the C/O's in favor of returning to stock struts with a sport spring. I'm looking for best price shipped to 03054. Thanks,

Rallitek.com 02-16-2010 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bovesnh1 (Post 2831798)
Are there any deals to be had on the RalliTek Springs? I had a set of Eibach's and sold them to upgrade to C/O's. It appears I bit off more than I could chew and want to sell the C/O's in favor of returning to stock struts with a sport spring. I'm looking for best price shipped to 03054. Thanks,

Call me at 888-773-1212 or email me at ron@ipdusa.com

Ron

tobey457 03-09-2010 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rallitek.com (Post 2832269)
Call me at 888-773-1212 or email me at ron@ipdusa.com

Ron

Ron,

I sent you an email a couple of days ago, I am interested in a set of Rallitek springs for my 2008 GT Limited. I'll be using the OEM shocks. Can you PM or email me a price?

I was set on Eibachs, but they are proving to be hard to find. Can you elaborate on how the Ralliteks will work with the OEM GT struts? Do you have pictures of the springs installed?

Rallitek.com 03-11-2010 03:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobey457 (Post 2861187)
Ron,

I sent you an email a couple of days ago, I am interested in a set of Rallitek springs for my 2008 GT Limited. I'll be using the OEM shocks. Can you PM or email me a price?

I was set on Eibachs, but they are proving to be hard to find. Can you elaborate on how the Ralliteks will work with the OEM GT struts? Do you have pictures of the springs installed?

They work just great with OEM struts. Progressive rate is easy on valving and hide height is one 1" drop.

LOTS of pics on the product page:

http://www.rallitek.com/raspforlegt.html

Sean S.
www.RalliTEK.com

B's Legacy Wagon 03-11-2010 06:32 PM

So currious. i just picked up a 2000 legacy wagon and was looking at getting somw springs, Read a bunch of great reviews for eibachs but then heard they quit making them. does RalliTek make any springs for the older wagons. ( seems like every where i look most stuff is for the 2005+ only)