Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   FastWRX.com (Mach V Motorsports) (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Protune @ Mach V? (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103993)

scoobydoobie 01-16-2009 01:38 PM

Protune @ Mach V?

who has had their LGT protuned by Dan at Mach V? What was your experience, how was the tune, etc? is $500 the going rate everywhere for a protune?

I'm considering taking it here during the summer sometime for a protune as its the closest subie tuner shop to me (2 hrs away or so). Just want to hear other people's feedback on their LGT tunes/experiences from Mach V as I don't think I've read a single review regarding their tunes.

Also, what is the parts install rate at Mach V?

thanks.

funkuroo 01-16-2009 03:25 PM

I have not had my car tuned there but, i have been by to check out the dyno setup. Looks nice. i just had them install a new ACT clutch and wrx FW into my 05 lgt for$520. They also figured out what my clunking suspension sound was for no additional charge. I was really happy with my experience with them so far, Dan tells it like it is and he wont make you get something you dont really need which is nice also. Let me know if you end up going there for the tune, i would be interested to see how it goes.
I am thinking about going and just getting some baseline dyno pulls done, stock, and with my PDX protune and see what kind of numbers i get before adding more stuff

Tuned200 01-21-2009 11:16 AM

I have bought parts from dan. Stand up guy

PeterJMC 01-21-2009 12:04 PM

I have no experience with their tunes but I've purchased a bunch of brake stuff from them. I have no reason to stop doing buisness with them. Great pricing and Dan gets back to you with info right away.

For $530 for the clutch and FW install... I might take my car there.

Mach V Dan 01-21-2009 08:17 PM

Hi scoobydoobie,

There are far fewer modded LGTs around than there are WRX and STi cars, so the majority of cars I've tuned have been the Imprezas. But I've tuned literally hundreds of turbo Subarus, including a bunch of Legacies, one of which was my own 2005 LGT.

I think this is my most recent Legacy ProTune. It's a Stage 2 car with a Deadbolt-modified stock turbo.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y24...-01-08/LGT.jpg

--Dan
Mach V
FastWRX.com

scoobydoobie 01-22-2009 06:42 PM

thanks for the feedback everybody.

Dan, thats a great looking graph. My future set up that I am looking into tuning would be the following (on the stock VF40 turbo: AVO panel filter, Grimmspeed PnP manifold and crossover pipe (coated), GS coated UP, Cobb catted DP, Cobb Ap V.2, a transmission cooler, perrin crank pulley and possibly an AVO TMIC as well. What are your installation rates like?

Mach V Dan 01-23-2009 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoobydoobie (Post 2263057)
What are your installation rates like?

Reasonable. If you want to PM me exactly what you want us to install, I can give you a quote.

--Dan
Mach V

JSK05LGT 07-06-2009 10:00 PM

My 05 LGT was tuned by Dan after the installation of a Rallitek Turnkey package, it was a solid tune, very smooth. Now I have updated the setup with a few more go-fast bits (FMIC and 3" AVO Intake) and have an appointment tomorrow for a re-tune. Great install shop, and great sales team. I would highly recommend them.

scoobydoobie 07-07-2009 11:34 AM

Thanks for the feedback. Got dynogaphs?

JSK05LGT 07-12-2009 01:02 PM

Yes, but no scanner :o(

jmfspecb 12-03-2009 06:48 PM

Dan/Mach V did the pro-tune for my car, installed a Leggy brake upgrade, wrapped the downpipe, and did some other work. I was very happy with the quality of work they did and actually need to get back there for some more tweaks.

scoobydoobie 12-03-2009 08:53 PM

Cool, thanks for the feedback. $ is tight right for me now, but hoping I can make it up there in January for a tune.

Do you have the graphs from your tune? :)

jmfspecb 12-04-2009 08:06 AM

Alas, I do not. Actually, I probably do, but I have no idea where it is. The problem i had was that the off the shelf cobb map with my combo of aftermarket parts was running too lean for the engine to be healthy. The pro-tune made my car much happier and much more fun to drive.

My mods:
Megan quad tip exhaust
Cobb catted downpipe (wrapped)
K&N Panel Filter
Cobb lightweight pulley
Swift springs
Cobb sways
Mach V Leggy Brake Upgrade (w/SS lines)
Perrin TMIC

-- After this experience, I wish I had done the suspension/brake mods first. The car had plenty of power to begin with - and good handling. The suspension made it great handling and terrific braking.

KurtP 12-08-2009 09:10 PM

Id be interested to see a dyno graph as well.

jmfspecb 12-09-2009 09:12 AM

I'll see if I can find the stuff Dan set me up with - but I think I've misplaced it.