Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Transmissions (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=79)
-   -   5EAT Pride! V1 (CLOSED) (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120921)

xero287 03-07-2011 11:49 AM

Where do I go in RomRaider to find the tables though

snow05gtRI 03-07-2011 11:51 AM

www.transmissioncoolers.us for transmission coolers if you havent checked there. if you have, please disregard ;)

fishbone 03-07-2011 11:52 AM

Depending on which tables you are talking about, this is the subject of another already existing thread altogether.

seabass07 03-07-2011 12:12 PM

You'll have to read the thread in the how to section. In short, you will need to read the ROM with ecuflash to get your maps, then view/edit them in romraider, then flash the changes back with ecuflash. You'll also need the proper cable.

seabass07 03-07-2011 12:32 PM

You can use MickeyD's stage1 map. Just follow his directions about initially reducing wastegate duty by 10 or 20% and slowly adding it back in. And his map is not plug and play. You have to copy and paste the changes. You will also likely need to reduce timing where you see knock as you increase the wastegate duty. You might want to also reduce the knock advance by a bit to lower timing across the board and slowly add that back in as well.

He also recommends keeping wastegate duty and all boost related maps stock below 3500 rpm to prevent damage to the TC. I did that for a while and got very bored with it...so I upped it. I never saw any temps that would be of concern running more boost than his base map under 3500 rpm. And that was in Miami when it was in the 80s outside after multiple back to back pulls without a trans cooler. With a trans cooler, you'll definitely be fine upping the boost under 3500 rpm.

xero287 03-07-2011 07:13 PM

=) sweeeeet thanks.

dfsubiegt 03-10-2011 09:46 AM

Sorry guys dumb question bit I can't find which tranny cookery to get or really where sells one made for our car

dfsubiegt 03-10-2011 09:47 AM

Cooler lol sorry predictive text

snow05gtRI 03-10-2011 09:56 AM

5 posts above yours i give a link for transmission coolers. get the trucool 4452 or 4454 whichever your preference.

Merc6 03-10-2011 10:11 AM

Also sell em autozone/pepboys esc. This is where you also get the replacement parts and remounting kit fast in the event you replace the radiator or need to re install it for FMIC issues.

ClimberD@HexMods 03-10-2011 11:29 AM

To confirm, of the two tubes off the trans, top is return, bottom is output.

For the trans filter, outside is feed, center is return.

fishbone 03-10-2011 12:53 PM

^And to further confirm what the pics show above, as you face the car looking under the hood, the return hard line is the one closest to you (labeled B) and the feed hard line is the one farthest away (labeled A). I got this right I hope. I am mentioning this because that rubber hose portion seems to be the run where it would develop cracks or leaks over time. I have now seen 3 Legacies (one GT, mine), develop leaks at the clamps.
You can usually tell by the presence of ATF on your windshield washer fluid reservoir which is right under where the hoses are clamped. If one leaked, it runs down on the reservoir. Easy enough to spot if you look.

xero287 03-10-2011 09:01 PM

Here comes the massive amount of engine work.

fishbone 03-21-2011 02:05 PM

I reset my TCU yesterday using FreeSSM, reason being I thought 1st started to slip. Wow, what an initial difference, it was like I just got my VB modded for the first time. 1-2-3 shifts nice, quick and firm. Upon second start-up after the reset the tranny already started tuning down :(
First time resetting it after the VB mod 23K miles ago.

underground000 03-21-2011 11:48 PM

Wooo:spin: Amsoil transmission flush!!! Now I dont have to be a worry wort about my transmission!!!!!

Yes I was worrying about my transmission on Stock Stage:lol: especially when my friend drives it - not a problem. But He powered braked it 2x w/ oem fluid :( but his was like 2x out of 50x he drove it, but still...

Oh and I learned how to ease onto the throttle from a stop and not mash it:) My other friend said a good launch technique is to apply enough gas so the car just starts to squat, this removes any transmission slack. Thats what he does in his '67 Nova, if you just WOT its the torque that breaks transmission (But he has like 2.5x the amount of torque I'm making:()