LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket friendly Subaru dealers in Denver/Boulder

thejazzcat

Hey everyone,

So I am seriously thinking about eventually doing a catless uppipe for my 05 GT, primarily for peace of mind mostly because of the uppipe cat failures that the 05 appears to be prone to (potential power gains/reduction in spooling time, etc. is not a bad thing either :p).

I have read several posts on here and other sites like Nasioc about engine failures not being covered under warranty by some Subaru dealers when an aftermarket uppipe is installed. This seems stupid if the OEM part specific to the Legacy is a flawed design, but still a consideration since I happen to have a silver level extended warranty on the vehicle.

People have mentioned Subaru dealers or shops that are "aftermarket friendly" as far as warranty is concerned and will not fault you for a proper installation of an aftermarket part. Does anyone have any idea of where these places might be in the Denver/Boulder area? There appears to be a 200 dollar deductible if I have get the Subaru repaired at a different shop from the dealer I bought he vehicle from, so it's not a huge deal if any shop recommendations are not actual Subaru dealers.

Any advice or options here? I really would hate for a tiny little cat to cause 2500+ in damage to my turbo in the case something does go wrong (obviously not planning on it but things do happen...)

Thanks!

Thejazzcat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flatirons tuning is near you, they have always helped me out with all of my stupid questions and continue to do so in a friendly way, I've only bought things from them and installed myself so i cant say anything about their work but they do love to talk subaru and they are in boulder.

i've bought king bearings (main and rod), group n mounts, plus numerous gaskets and seals all for lower than dealer cost. they are pretty much my go to oem hook up for parts less than dealership pricing

Awesome, thank you rusty! Flatirons tuning was exactly the type of shop I was looking for! I feel like the normal Suby dealerships just don't have techs that are super experienced with the finer intricacies of the turbo boxer engines. I will definitely check them out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived