Subaru Legacy Forums

Subaru Legacy Forums (http://legacygt.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tuning Alliance (http://legacygt.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Accessport & Open source Remote Tuning Available (http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=193791)

Tuning Alliance 04-20-2013 05:45 PM

Hope everyone is doing well!

ChromeDome Al 05-23-2013 03:48 PM

I just left you a voicemail a half hour ago, but thought I'd try you online for other people's knowledge as well.

I have an '07 Outback XT that I just bought a downpipe for. I stumbled across your name and I've heard good things about your tunes, Mike. I assume the '05 - '09 OBXT's are much the same as tuning for the '05 - '09 LGT's? I have a Tactrix coming in the mail by Wednesday, then I'll be ready to rock and roll. Could you help a brother out in MT?

Tuning Alliance 05-23-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChromeDome Al (Post 4443269)
I just left you a voicemail a half hour ago, but thought I'd try you online for other people's knowledge as well.

I have an '07 Outback XT that I just bought a downpipe for. I stumbled across your name and I've heard good things about your tunes, Mike. I assume the '05 - '09 OBXT's are much the same as tuning for the '05 - '09 LGT's? I have a Tactrix coming in the mail by Wednesday, then I'll be ready to rock and roll. Could you help a brother out in MT?

Yes, obxt is no problem. You'll just have to read your rom and email it to me. Pm me if you have any other questions. I won't be available via phone until tomorrow.

Rester5350 05-23-2013 09:13 PM

Mike did an awesome stage 2 tune for my 06 Obxt:wub:

ChromeDome Al 05-23-2013 10:03 PM

Mike, I'm a noob. (Or a Scoobie Noobie, if you will.) WTF is a rom?

Thankfully, I will have my own personal IT guy with me (who happens to have the Tactrix cable, used for his '08 WRX) to make sure I don't flub up too bad. I really would rather not *BRICK* my ECU. So maybe I'm asking too many questions too soon, especially since I just learned he had to buy a new cable and it won't arrive until next Wednesday.

I'll have to give you a jingle. I just have too many questions and I'm tired of looking at a computer for the day. I'll call you tomorrow at some point, Mike. Thanks!

Tuning Alliance 05-24-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChromeDome Al (Post 4443704)
Mike, I'm a noob. (Or a Scoobie Noobie, if you will.) WTF is a rom?

Thankfully, I will have my own personal IT guy with me (who happens to have the Tactrix cable, used for his '08 WRX) to make sure I don't flub up too bad. I really would rather not *BRICK* my ECU. So maybe I'm asking too many questions too soon, especially since I just learned he had to buy a new cable and it won't arrive until next Wednesday.

I'll have to give you a jingle. I just have too many questions and I'm tired of looking at a computer for the day. I'll call you tomorrow at some point, Mike. Thanks!

Rom means read only memory, its basically the map off your ecu. I will be in an area with little service later today, so if we don't get to talk ill call you sat or sun.

chimaira4deth 05-24-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimaira4deth (Post 4256354)
i'll be in touch soon.
stage anxious

I'm getting very close to getting this done, probably within a week or so.

I'm also on the Cobb AP V1, no problem with that right? (From what I've read)

After the exhaust upgrade, I believe I'm in the Boost creep phase..
Lemme know if I should upgrade ebcs before tune? Or correct it without?
I want that creep out of here

Tuning Alliance 05-24-2013 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimaira4deth (Post 4443907)
I'm getting very close to getting this done, probably within a week or so.

I'm also on the Cobb AP V1, no problem with that right? (From what I've read)

After the exhaust upgrade, I believe I'm in the Boost creep phase..
Lemme know if I should upgrade ebcs before tune? Or correct it without?
I want that creep out of here

AP v1 is a problem I can no longer tune them. You probably hitting a bit too much boost, hard to say without more info.

chimaira4deth 05-24-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuning Alliance (Post 4443922)
AP v1 is a problem I can no longer tune them..

Oh no...


My wife gone be pissed lol
gotta spend more money now..

I got the go ahead to spend $75

Max Capacity 05-24-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuning Alliance (Post 4398568)
Hope everyone is doing well!

Oh Yea, doing well. :)

I guess by now Niko_lgt has been in touch with you. He and I have been busy on the PM side of the forum.

I haven't met him but he sounds like someone who is willing to listen and do it right the first time.

He doesn't have the mechanical ability to work on the car himself, so he's contacted my trusted mechanic who will be doing the install for him.

fireman2101 06-03-2013 09:32 PM

Got my custom map last week and have been impressed with the change. So much smoother and is well worth the cost. Bump for a great transaction.

xt2005bonbon 06-19-2013 10:04 AM

I just got my heads refreshed a 1000 miles ago. Car appears to run well (checked LV). I will pm you to receive instructions to get ready for a stage 1 etune.

Tuning Alliance 07-17-2013 04:58 PM

bump

chimaira4deth 07-17-2013 09:59 PM

You dabble with Meth?

Tuning Alliance 07-18-2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chimaira4deth (Post 4508213)
You dabble with Meth?

I've tuned many meth setups. =)


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.



vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.3 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
LegacyGT.com