LegacyGT.com

Yes another sti engine swap thread

Hey guys, as the title says, I need some basic tips to do the complete swap (engine, inter cooler, turbo And intake). Don't tell I did not search because I did...a lot..lol I read the whole Internet, only finding bribes of informations.

Just got to find a 06 sti engine that is complete with under 100000km's so I just want to make things right and would like to benefit from you guys knowledge to achieve it.

I know I will need a tune, something with the AVCS as well needs to be hooked/ fitted up (hoses), up pipe, down pipe (suggested). Also read somewhere that I will have to plug 2 holes in the heads of the engine ? But which ones ?

Any inputs are very welcomed. I just want to get that thing back on the road with this engine in it !!

Thanks

uh . first off lol

the engines are the same other than turbo intake and intercooler.

the holes you have to plug? well after you install the engine i guess it would be the ones leaking some sort of fluid.

if you get a newer sti ngine with dual avcs you wont be able to control the exhaust and pray your intake cams are similar otherwise you will have lots of problems.

have you thought about the more common buick v6 engine swap?

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

I guess you missed this thread.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/got-some-new-stuff-engine-r-r-184106.html

It may have been cheaper to go this way.

But what do I know...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I am going that route because the downtime will be less than if I would rebuild the old EJ255 and also performance wise. I want to get the car running, that's all. Once it will be back on the road, I will have plenty of time to rebuild the EJ255.

Max capacity, I again thank you for your reply and will get a close look at this thread.

And for the others, why so arsh about the newcomers ? If you do not have 3000 posts you cannot ask questions ? You never asked basic questions on this forum 3000 posts back ? Nahh..you all are subaru certified tech's that just don't need answers, you know your stuff and keep it for you rarara...But why giving advice on a forum...It's not made for that, it's made to bash.

For the ones willing to help, I gladly thank you.

Harsh? I don't see anybody being harsh towards you. I see a friendly jab about your wording one one thing but nothing harsh making fun of you for asking questions. I wouldn't start off your stay by getting irritated with simple remarks such as those. It will get much worse if you do. (Not a threat just have seen it a few times).

There are plenty of threads like the one max capacity posted that will help you along the way.

Welcome to the forum.

I am going that route because the downtime will be less than if I would rebuild the old EJ255 and also performance wise. I want to get the car running, that's all. Once it will be back on the road, I will have plenty of time to rebuild the EJ255.

Max capacity, I again thank you for your reply and will get a close look at this thread.

And for the others, why so arsh about the newcomers ? If you do not have 3000 posts you cannot ask questions ? You never asked basic questions on this forum 3000 posts back ? Nahh..you all are subaru certified tech's that just don't need answers, you know your stuff and keep it for you rarara...But why giving advice on a forum...It's not made for that, it's made to bash.

For the ones willing to help, I gladly thank you.

Don't worry, we all get our panties in a wad sometimes, for some of us it's before we've had the second cup of coffee...

You'll find the a lot of us qualify as "troll's" from time to time.

Not that I've ever been quilty of that...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If you're looking to swap an 06 STi motor/trans and hoping to just to a quick swap... You are way in over your head... Between the ECU, main harness, and DAVCS it's not worth your money or time lol.

As stated before, build your EJ255 man :)

See Max I didn't realize it was 2 cups.. I thought you'd been rather cranky lately.. lol

and if you want to know how bad we can be ask SPC, or look for his since closed "help thread".. It can get worse, just search and when you ask a question at least make it look like you put effort into searching and you will get the answers you desire... probably

Lol ok I got it. I'll take my chill pill and just enjoy the ride.

As I have limited knowledge in dismantling a shortblock I needed something quick, that is why the full engine.

I could just swap off the LGT ic intake and turbo (new bnr16g) and call it a day but as I have the turbo ic and intake from the sti why not using it ? Here is where I need your help :) and if I do it, just want to do it right.

i thought the sti and the 2.5 from the legacy are close to being the same platform?

Close but no cigar.

Lol ok I got it. I'll take my chill pill and just enjoy the ride.

As I have limited knowledge in dismantling a shortblock I needed something quick, that is why the full engine.

I could just swap off the LGT ic intake and turbo (new bnr16g) and call it a day but as I have the turbo ic and intake from the sti why not using it ? Here is where I need your help :) and if I do it, just want to do it right.

If you want to go down that avenue it will be more than just those bits. It will be the entire intake/IC system, throttle body, DP, UP, fuel system upgrades, tune, etc... You're really exhausting all the quick and easy fixes LOL :spin:

Archived