LegacyGT.com

2009 Subaru Legacy rumor thread

godwhomismike

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm hoping (and/or dreaming) for:

- audio and satellite radio info/controls in the navigation

- video-in jacks for the navigation (like the WRX has)

- More HP and Torque in the GT

- more colors with a choice of interior color

- wider wheels & tires (8" wide wheels with 225 or 235 series tires)

- Optional quad-tip exhaust like the JDM Legacy exhaust

Most important issues for me.....

DSG

Engine upgrades for the GT & STI version...I know we are dreaming here...

2.5T 280/280

3.5T 350/350

Bring back the LGT wagon

More supportive seats

Telescoping wheel

Much better paint quality

HID's

More aggressive struts & rubber

Bring back GRP!!!!

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Yea but STi (Impreza) has the rally car status/popularity.

I'm just basing this on how Subaru made the impreza to have more mass appeal (my gf now thinks the 08 is nice, she hates the old models). A couple of guys i worked for also doesn't like the idea of $30k+ 4 cylinder GT sedan, no matter how much hp it has.

Now IF they will come up with Legacy STi, then perhaps its different story :)

If so.......

There market share will get even smaller thus making it the LAST Legacy platform sold in the states.

Are shoppers of STI's swayed due to gas mileage??????

I think not

I don't care about fuel efficiency - if I did, I would be driving a 2.5i. It's a performance car. They gave the whiners Intelligent mode, that should be enough. I am looking for performance, if it gets 13 mpg, who cares - it's not my concern.

/

Most important issues for me.....

DSG

Engine upgrades for the GT & STI version...I know we are dreaming here...

2.5T 280/280

3.5T 350/350

Bring back the LGT wagon

More supportive seats

Telescoping wheel

Much better paint quality

HID's

More aggressive struts & rubber

Bring back GRP!!!!

Wait...slow dowaaaahh... yeah. :p

I don't care about fuel efficiency - if I did, I would be driving a 2.5i. It's a performance car. They gave the whiners Intelligent mode, that should be enough. I am looking for performance, if it gets 13 mpg, who cares - it's not my concern.

/

The issue is that lots of cars now has more HP with alot better fuel efficiency than our EJ25 turbo engine. IF Subaru can find enough buyers that doesn't care about fuel efficiency then good for them. IMO it'll be harder seeing oil price keeps climbing.

I feel ya. Not to hijack but... consider the Dodge Magnum R/T 4wd Wagon. Sweet ride, mega power, easy to mod to 400+ HP, 4wd, wagon. Do they still sell it? :rolleyes:
________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

Dealers are easing off the "market Adjustment" these days. No problems getting them for sticker nowadays.....

As far as mpg goes yea....my car is a little laggy around town but with just over double the WHP over the stock version I now get 30mpg @ 78mph:):):)

I feel ya. Not to hijack but... consider the Dodge Magnum R/T 4wd Wagon. Sweet ride, mega power, easy to mod to 400+ HP, 4wd, wagon. Do they still sell it? :rolleyes:

Did you mention it was 4WD ? :lol:

:hide:

Hoping for replacement climate control panel w/ double din slot for aftermarket stereos - bring it to North America this time!

New cars are going farther and farther away from this. They just need to up the speaker and electronics quality so no one would complain.

Would you put a Sony Head Unit in an Infinity M35 ???????? :lol: :lol:

I think not...

http://www.nissanperformancemag.com/september06/vq35hr/images/2interior.jpg

^very true

And remember the shrek B is already in that price range right now so that is the competition:(:(

What I am blown away by is the prices Subaru is going to try & sell a loaded 08 WRX for......28k......:lol::lol::lol::lol:

With that pricing structure we may very well see shrek b verions topping 40k:rolleyes:

Superchargers leave alot to be desired if modding is a priority. They do give much better low-end performance but really suffer up top.

Archived