LegacyGT.com

Need help with CEL code P0447

Today my CEL light came on and the code im getting for it is P0447 - Evaporative Emission Control System Vent Control Circuit Open. I looked a little online and one suggestion was gas cap isn't on all the way. I made sure it was good and tight, reset the CEL, and within seconds of turning the car on the CEL came back on.

Another suggestion was to check the evaporation canister for lose hoses/wires etc. Does anyone know where this is located? I tired looking for it around the gas tank but couldn't see much, tomorrow I'm gonna put it up on jack stands so I can get a better look.

Has anyone deal with this code before and where should I start to fix it? This is on an '05 2.5i with 66K miles.

I also noticed about the same same time this CEL came on I'm having problems with the steering. When I am driving really slow and turning (when in parking lots and pulling in/out of my driveway) It sounds the the tires are rubbing inside the wheel well, but they are not. You can feel a light vibration inside the car. The steering wheel does not vibrate and it feels normal and the car still steers fine.

Is there anyway these 2 can be related?

On my wrx it was just inboard of the rear passenger tire it looks like a shoe box with hoses coming off of it.

Thanks I'll look there.

Archived