LegacyGT.com

Help! Replaced battery and now car is completely dead

I had a mushroom of battery acid on the positive terminal so i bought a new Exide group 34 battery. Took out the old and replaced the new. When i sat in the car and turn on my lights everything was working as normal. The second I went to start it nothibg happend. All the lights went dead and now the car does absolutely nothing i tried putting the old battery to see if that was it and same thing nothing. Kinda freaking out. Not sure which of all the fuses or what epse to check. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

I think it may be a short someplace. I removed all the wiring minus the main ground and power and i get power again but the second I go to crank it nothing. I then have to disconnect everything again and connect then positive then the negative to "reset it" l. Would an after market alarm have its own wire connected to the battery. Im wondering if its fallen someplace and i need to connect it.

I'm starting to suspect it's the terminal i bought.

And of course i posted tue wrong youtube video. But I found the issue. It was the terminal. I got a different one from autozone and popped it on. Car started instantly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Archived