LegacyGT.com

Thinking of going stage 1, but how does this LV look?

Custom Trendz Inc.

Recently installed a AEM panel filter and did plugs, then reset the ecu. After 130 miles I ran a Learning View and this is what I have. Knock seems fine to me, but the a/f 1 is making me think there might be a leak somewhere. Am I right or do I need to just rescale the maf? I logged it at 30 miles also, and the a/f was around the 11.4-11.8 range.

174611104_LearningView_SS_A2WF200C_2013-03-13200843_ROUGHLY_130miles.jpg.ec67b9699fb3b1c876b16f3e995c4619.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

replaced the plugs and air filter, so probably bumped a hose off or something. What are the most common areas to start leaking? I did clean my MAF, but made sure to gently seat in the sensor by slowly spinning it as i pressed it in, so not to pinch the oring. I do the same tactic when replacing orings on the solenoid operated air valves at work.

Also will pick up an extra oring at work tomorow to replace just in case, ill let you guys know what oring it is(so you can buy one for a couple cents.) Dont know if the size is already been posted.

Looked at everything and have no leaks that I could see. Used propane to test as well as making sure all the connections werent loose(looked at the vacuum diagram.) Checked maf sensor(sprayed it with cleaner again also checked the oring, and around the airbox too with propane to see if the idle would change, no dice with that. Did a log from the drive from my house, to a friends, and then another house(normal driving with a bit of WOT.) Here is the log, and the learning view. As you can see after I did the LV at the last point I arrived at, it was at 8%. ECU was not reset since the thread was originally posted. about 200 miles on LV.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AoEQtCERuonvdC1TbktabGZhSXhkZVpaOFNfUk1tcGc&output=html

1743914161_LearningView_SS_A2WF200C_2013-03-15160346.jpg.e1500a3aba68d8c0ae85a92de7bb449a.jpg

You're at close to sea level, running 93, correct? Your manifold pressure is dipping down to -11 at some points, while at idle. You're only hitting 12.48psi max boost (stock is 13.54psi) and that was at 78% throttle. your manifold isn't getting the pressure it needs. now you just need to figure out why

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/vacuum-leaki-other-possibilitiesi-f-learning-187417.html?t=187417&highlight=idle+afr

This thread might help. seems to be similar issues. make sure your maf is sealed and seated properly as well. make sure you didn't lose the o-ring

Yes I'm running 93, at 135 feet elevation. I checked the oring and its there and looks new with no damage. Will do 3rd gear pull soon, maybe tonight.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en&hl=en&key=0AoEQtCERuonvdGxjSnloWUhpdkswWVJFQ2RjbmEzcFE&output=html

lv after i got home(5mins after run) is also included.

Will be testing for boost leaks tomorrow.

romraiderlog_20130315_225108.csv

1813105483_LearningView_SS_A2WF200C_2013-03-15230001.jpg.fcd7f76c24f02453f1a3b785b04bc6df.jpg

Tried everything, tested for vacuum leaks using a diy leak tester. Won't go above 12 psi. The purge valve or what ever sound like a kazoo kept lightly leaking after the initial annoying buzzing. Checked with starter fluid and propane while at idle, no dice. Only leak i had was one of the hoses that goes into the driver side valve cover (hoses are side by side) and fixed it with a hose clamp, still 10 afr in learning a after replacing stock filter into box and making sure everything was tight and sealed.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Going to check tomorrow again if there's no "blizzard" or if its not raining when im able to test. After more research I have to have a leak somewhere, because the system never held pressure unless the compressor was going. Leaks out in a few seconds from 12psi. Going to also plug the purge valve hoses and see how it goes.

Any other recommendations?

Tried brake cleaner everywhere today on cold idle, no dice. Going to look at my daily logs once i download them off my tactrix. Afr bounces between 12-20 when letting of the gas and accelerating fast (torque app gauges and logs show this.) 14.3-14.7 when idling or cruising.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Over 100k on a VF40... checking for shaft play when your up pipe is off and or any other signs the turbo might be going, which, if that happens would be a good time to replace it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

How would a turbo going out though give me messed up afr though? Im not really worrying about the 12psi im getting right now, I am worried about going positive and negative in my ranges. But yes, I am most likely paying a shop to install up pipe, check turbo for play, and if it has play having my extended warranty cover it if possible.

How would a turbo going out though give me messed up afr though? Im not really worrying about the 12psi im getting right now, I am worried about going positive and negative in my ranges. But yes, I am most likely paying a shop to install up pipe, check turbo for play, and if it has play having my extended warranty cover it if possible.

That was more of a heads up rather than a diagnosis for you lean afr closed loop numbers. Front o2 sensor is also a likely culprit.

Ok, you can't find a leak, have tested your bpv, vacuum lines, bcs lines intercooler connection. No evidence of leaking. Either bad o2 sensor, bad maf, or bcs. Guessing down to those 3. Although I have mechanical ability, I'm a tuner. If it's not any of those. Keep searching. Btw, your WOT pulls showed pretty low maf numbers. Bad maf is my guess

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

What should maf voltages range? and what should my o2 sensors voltage be? Will log those tomorrow and see if maybe those are off if possible. Also, should i rotate the crank a bit so the valves are all in closed position? Read a couple of different forums and only a few brought up the fact that if your valves are open, air might be leaking out(not holding pressure.) Also, how much should the purge valve be leaking if at all after the initial buzzing stage when pressurizing the system? Mine very lightly buzzes at 10-12 psi past the initial loud stage of acting like a kazoo. Also going to do a pressure test tomorrow again with a BIG ingersoll rand compressor at work thats inside the building, so maybe it will be easier to hear what is leaking if anything.

Archived