LegacyGT.com

Uppipe questions

PoohBearCale

Your goals should be to finish school. Spend money on the car later.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I have my school pretty much paid for I just dont have time for a full time job so cash is a little low. Goals for the car are A)Good looking (from what I have seen I already wanna do eyelids, cutom grille, sti lower bumper piece, debadge) B) Decently faster/better handling than stock, something that can keep up/beat a stock sti. Heres my biggest problem is as far as the motor pieces, I havent had enough experience around motors to know what everything does. I know the general logistics of forced induction and the type of motor but I am clueless elsewhere.

I will try my best Dad ,to finish school... I could finish school faster, if I have a modded car ...Don't you think so ?:)

You can get the m2 up pipe on eBay, it works great if your on a budget. I have been running it for almost 2 years now and it has been great, i believe you can pick one up for 30 to 40 dollars but a used sti up pipe is a great option to. Good luck.

Find yourself a used STI uppipe - they can be found for around $50. Fitament is guaranteed and getting rid of the cat converter in the OEM uppipe is goodness.

^THIS and even if you do NOTHING else, you need to do an UP and get rid fo the pre-cat up that may someday eat your turbo and motor. Consider a GS DoubleThick Gasket for the collector (header) to up as that is the most common boost leak connection after replacement.

^THIS. I can actually understand wanting an UP/DP/tune while in school but eyelids, grill and that other stuff? Go hit even MORE girls and worry about THEIR eyelids and grills not yours. You won't regret it.

is there a sticky for the proper procedure? im looking right now

For UP gutting or installation?

Installation - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/my-uppipe-install-pictures-5118.html

Be very careful and very thorough if you gut it. It's a very hard material and folks have actually punctured the UP when attempting it. Also, if you don't clean it out THOROUGHLY anything left even a bit loose will end up destroying your turbo.

It's hard to tell but it looks like it's been crushed a bit on the "Subaru" logo. I'd be wary.

That's the price those go for though. I think I got mine for $60 shipped here in the classifieds.

The things I'd be worried about with the M2 would be that it doesn't have a flex joint and how true are the flanges. Some folks have had issues with solid UP's. Then again, folks have had UP's fail at flex joints too. Others have had issues with warped flanges.

We're not talking about a lot of money here though. You can get 5 of the M2's for the price of a nice Grimmspeed UP. :D;)

Archived