LegacyGT.com

Not exactly goodbye....

My friends,

Today I parted with The Panda. This was not easy as I'm sure many of you will understand very well, but ultimately it was right for me. The buyer was a guy in his later 20's who seemed very much to share my philosophy on cars. He enjoys having something unique and with power, but he doesn't drive hard (according to him, of course). While not necessarily a Subaru enthusiast, he seemed very interested in learning all about these extremely unique cars so naturally, I directed him to the forum, though I have no idea what else you enabling wizards will be able to coax him into after what I did :) My belief is that the car is in the hands of someone who will respect it and treat it like I did.

That said, I need to thank you all for everything you've taught me (or enabled ;)) and for the relationships I've made. It's strange to be so connected to a group of people I've never met face-to-face, but yet it's exactly how I feel. Writing this is rapidly becoming as difficult as seeing the car drive away so I'm going to call it pretty quickly.

I have no plans to drop off the forum, I just likely won't be as active as I once was. Regardless of that, I wish you all the very best, I thank you for your friendship, and I hope like hell none of you have quite as many mystery issues as I did!

Cheers!

Joe

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

congrats and sorry at the same time. I sold my 06 spec and ended up back in an 08 spec b 3 years later. Any idea what the next ride will be?

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

Sorry to hear this Joe, but congrats at the same time. Please keep in touch with your friends here on the forum. We are always here.

Brendan

I know it Brendan. Which is why I don't think I'll be able to stay away for very long. If nothing else, I can live vicariously as an enabler ;)

Thanks Dave. It's a 2013 GLI Autobahn. I'll be picking it up tomorrow so we'll see how it does.

Nice, well keep us updated and dont be a stranger.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

We'll be right here waiting for you when you come to your senses ;)
Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

Pics of this "Not a 5fth Gen LGT"???

It's dark outside now, but let me see what I can get tomorrow. I picked up a set of wheels and Michelin Ice IX3 tires with a shade under 1k miles for $500 on Craigslist and just finished installing them. Those 200 ponies (bhp) need to get to ground more effectively the Tiger Paws were able to offer ;)

Well that's a shame...

I feel like you are developing a pattern of poor decision making. Do we need to have an intervention?!

I presume you've had a bad experience with the Michelin? In my research, they appear to be on par with the Blizzak WS80, which was a phenomenal tire on the GT for me. Tire Rack's testing shows almost identical performance:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=193

I've only had them on the VW for a few days so I can't really comment on performance thus far, but if the testing is accurate, $500 for a set of decent-looking (IMO) Borbet alloy wheels and winter tires with less than 1k miles is a pretty good deal.

I presume you've had a bad experience with the Michelin? In my research, they appear to be on par with the Blizzak WS80, which was a phenomenal tire on the GT for me. Tire Rack's testing shows almost identical performance:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=193

I've only had them on the VW for a few days so I can't really comment on performance thus far, but if the testing is accurate, $500 for a set of decent-looking (IMO) Borbet alloy wheels and winter tires with less than 1k miles is a pretty good deal.

Yes, that's a great deal. I'm just giving you shit.[emoji6]

The Michelin XIce tires are fantastic on ice but perform poorly in snow in my experience in 3 different vehicles ('09 4wd v6 Rav4, '12 Forester, '09 Maxima). Where they are particularly bad is with regard to clearing snow - "snowplaning" of sorts. They lack substantial enough grooves (width or number) to enable that. Also, they focus so heavily on straight line ice braking performance that they put almost no lateral sips and they understeer like crazy.

I too have had good experience with Blizzaks, as well as Hankook iCept Evos and General Altimax Arctics. All much better than X Ices in my opinion. Others rave about Nokians.

But hey... For that price if you don't like them then who cares... Just sell them again.

Archived