LegacyGT.com

E85 here I come

Getting tuned this weekend for e85, so excited. I can now see and feel if there is really a big difference in hp/tq from just using e85

I know it won't be e85 now but there should still be a bump in power

What do you think whp will be? ~285 now with vf52, maybe 315 or so?

Only tuning for e85 because I'm doing the tgv delete

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had a v52 and 850's on e85 at Mile high and was around 315/350 on a airboy so take that for what its worth. But comparing airboy on gas to airboy on e85 I saw about 30/50 in gains, your going to love the extra tq for a DD, very fun enjoy and let us know the results

With my AVO380 I put down 280whp on 91pump when I switched to e85 (e78 actual) put down 335whp. Stock, my car put down 185whp all numbers done on the same dyno and tuner. At the Holiday and Kwik Trip stations around town they are all at e69 now according to my ethanol gauge.

Had my car tuned by Shane at DB Performance in Rogers, he really knows his stuff.

Getting tuned this weekend for e85, so excited. I can now see and feel if there is really a big difference in hp/tq from just using e85

I know it won't be e85 now but there should still be a bump in power

What do you think whp will be? ~285 now with vf52, maybe 315 or so?

Only tuning for e85 because I'm doing the tgv delete

You will love e85! Turned my car almost back to a stage 2 feel, but holy cow it packs A LOT more punch!

Also, e85 + 15 degrees F = So much fun!! (a little tough starting though, but it started :lol: )

Let us know what you think when done.

^Heartbreaker of a dyno but you can't argue with 80% more power than stock!!!

Tell me about it! I was originally hoping for over 300whp on 91. Didn't really understand "heartbreaker" until I went through it, but then I drove the car and all that went away ;) I have a dyno plot of the stock tune vs. the e85 and it looks crazy because the stock lines are so close to the bottom of the graph. I kind of giggle when I look at the plot and think about driving it.

• 2 weeks later...

Got it tuned and dynoed today and all were around the 320-330+whp range and around 330+wtq in 4th gear. Not sure if 3rd gear would of been higher or not.

It just need's a little bit more tuning on Monday and it "should" be done.

It's Running lean after 5k-6k but he let me drive it and it's great.

1st gear made the back end come out and slip, it felt like a rear wheel drive car. Amazing, Can't wait to see the final numbers but it should be around the range of 320whp/330wtq

Never took my car to redline in 4th gear but now I know it goes to about 125-130mph

You may or may not know him but the shop is called devoted auto works in white bear lake on 61 and cedar.

Great guy.

He Doesn't release your car until he is happy with it, he's not happy with it, so another day tuning it monday, that's fine as i have another ride

Just asking, because it is VERY rare to tune in 4th. I have my tuning done by Nuke at NF performance. I know it's a blast to drive as I'm at 321 on 92 octane (dyno numbers from RS Motors in Burnsville). I have no desire to run E85 because it is not always available out on the road and the mileage sucks.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Congrates on the tune! E85 is a blast! Once the tune is done, enjoy!

Just got back with the kids from a 220 mile "adventure" today on I94 and Hwy 29 in Wisconsin through the snow and used e85 the whole way! A little planning with long trips and finding e85 is pretty easy.

It's Running lean after 5k-6k but he let me drive it and it's great.

I had this exact leaning out problem exactly where you are having it. Read the below post as it should answer all your "leaning" out questions:

Page 3 Post #42

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/fuel-pump-control-module-143860p3.html

Okay, question my closest E85 station is about 15 miles away. If I tune for E85 and find myself not close enough to a station can you run 91 and just stay off boost until filled up with E85 or will it simply blow right away at normal operating speeds?

I am running a VF52 with stage 4 build but running 91. Seems I am leaving a lot power on the table by not switching over.

Scott

Scott

lee07, why the TGV delete with the VF52, could set you up for drive-ability issues, rough idle, stalling, CEL... Just something to think about. It is also a tone of work for very, very little benefit (1 to 2 hp) unless running 20g or larger turbo. I would spend my money on other things for power besides that unless you already did it. :) Did you consider just removing the flaps, leaving the rods, motors, sensors in place? That is what I had done because of a bad motor/sensor.

Kept having the CEL coming on once every month so I decided to just get rid of it.

It wasn't for power, i did it just to get the annoying cel gone as it was always the same code's that were popping up(it was either stuck closed/open)

Not sure about driving-ability issues with it though, i think it'll be fine but we'll see what happens

Okay, question my closest E85 station is about 15 miles away. If I tune for E85 and find myself not close enough to a station can you run 91 and just stay off boost until filled up with E85 or will it simply blow right away at normal operating speeds?

Scott

Scott

Don't even think about it Scott Scott. You have a stage FOUR car that you are considering alternative fuel for. You should have a laptop or AP to check your car or swap tunes at that point. If that sounds like a hassle, e85 might not fit your lifestyle well.

Yah mine was locked closed when they first fired it up after being rebuilt. Decided to do the least amount of work to correct the issue, and that was it. Problem solved, Mike from Infamous also deleted CEL as well.

I'm looking at doing the same thing to the OBXT. At first it threw a code every few months. Now every month or so. When it becomes every week for those TGV's, it's gonna be time for me too.

I have both lap top and AP. Working now on getting Romraider up and running. Major issues downloading on vista for some reason. Meeting up with ITSME hopefully this weekend to do some logging and get me up and running with my laptop.

I may use my AP though for ease of use than my laptop.

Scott

What day are you meeting up with Bryan? I have been meaning to go see him for most of the last year. IF you are planning to keep the AP I'd just use that to swap tunes just to avoid an operating system. Only thing wrong with a laptop? Windows. Still need it for RR and LV. :lol:

Archived