LegacyGT.com

05 Abp barn find

MrBoost16

Picked this up from an old lady a month ago. Crazy clean for the mileage and year. Original owner and every piece of service history available. Car has 206k with only 41k on a new long block from Subaru! Def lucky to find this. Not really sure what plans are for the car just trying to enjoy it and fix little odds and ends. Pics....

IMG_0014.thumb.JPG.ae5b4f66700f759a0e5cfe723bf98b97.JPG

IMG_0015.thumb.JPG.964cfdbb5f2677e16b155dfe8ff7d1d0.JPG

IMG_0016.thumb.JPG.b75af531f0be13af96a23a91b03a8d02.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Double check the turbo to make sure that it wasn't the source of needed a new block, and that thing should last you forever. If they're replaced the motor recently, they know better now than to include the banjo filters so you're safe there (someone correct me if I'm wrong). Nice find!

Lady told me the timing belt broke and tore a lot of other parts up with it. Banjo filter is not there already checked. My buddy bo told me some of the common issues so I checked over everything after I brought it home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome and congrats! But a "barn find" is something that's been sitting for decades...in a barn. Sounds like this car has been driven pretty much every day since new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_find

Welcome and congrats! But a "barn find" is something that's been sitting for decades...in a barn. Sounds like this car has been driven pretty much every day since new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barn_find

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)

'03 Forester X 5mt - Engine Seized at 262k miles.

'05 LGT Wagon 6mt -MotoIQ.com Project Vehicle

'13 VW Touareg TDI - Daily Torque Monster.

Check everywhere for possible nests or animals. I have an 07 with 40000 miles on it with a similar story. Found out that my cabin air filter was actually mouse turds. The fuel pump was also covered in burrowed out seat material. If it was really sitting around in some old lady's barn, animal homes are not uncommon.

Archived