LegacyGT.com

Bipolar Transmission!

omenjh

Hey Guys, so I have an 07 LGT with the automatic trans in it and I am a little worried. It is almost always fine and works like a charm. I have only owned the car for 2-3 months but occasionally (three times now) it really concerns me.

Each time it has been very hot outside and I have accelerating to pass the cars in front of me. The car will downshift to pass and then once I get up to speed it upshifts as normal to 5th gear. . . Until I take my foot off the gas, then it downshifts harshly again. . ? :confused:

Why would it shift down again as I am releasing the throttle?

No I am not using the manual mode and no I am not bumping the downshift button on the steering wheel. I am just wondering has anyone else seen this problem, maybe my transmission fluid is too hot? Fluid looks clean and does not smell burnt.

I'm having some tranny issues as well, and a host of other issues probably causing my tranny issue. Dumb question, but since you are in auto mode, how do you know the gear drops down after you let off the gas, and how do you know what gear it's dropping down to? Are you able to do any logging, since people around here might have some ideas reviewing your logs.

No I don't have any way to log. I figure it is going down to 3rd gear because the tach will shoot up to 6k for a few seconds until the car realizes what it has done and shifts back to 5th.

Also I have looked at the ClimberD thread but where I have no clue what is going on I didn't want to just start replacing things. On the other hand, I do want the trans mod so maybe this is the perfect excuse.

Archived