LegacyGT.com

'07 Outback jerking problem?

Ozzmosis

Hello,

Just brought an '07 Outback in from the US, and have accumulated about 1000 miles on it, and I've noticed a jerking sensation while driving the car at the transition between cruising and deceleration. I can make it come and go with just a hair movement of the gas pedal while in most gears (5-speed)

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or should I take the car to the dealer and attempt to have them fix it.

Everything else is great so far!

Thanks for replying.

I feel a jerk when the car downshifts into a lower gear in 4th gear. when i drive and keep the car at a steady pace of 40 miles in hour with the rpm at about 3300 rpm the car downshifts (shifts to overdrive) automaticlly and rpm drops to about 1500rpm while in forth gear.

The jerk happens when the car downshits (into overdrive) anybody else have this problem? But after you drive the car for about 30 minutes when it shifts into overdrive it shifts smoothly. Can somebody help me out with this problem?

I hear the car isnt even suppose to shift into overdrive till the car is fully warm. My does it as soon as the car is on between the 1 minute till about 30 minutes then it smooth after that.

Does anybody know if there is a overdrive temp sensor or if it could be the transmission ecu thing?

Archived