LegacyGT.com

Noob question...has to be done

Haight 05LGT

That's assuming that infamous cares enough to notice the difference and actually make an effort to say something about it. They prob just tune as quickly as possible, so I doubt they scrutinize data that closely over there. Very assembly line

That's assuming that infamous cares enough to notice the difference and actually make an effort to say something about it. They prob just tune as quickly as possible, so I doubt they scrutinize data that closely over there. Very assembly line

How do you have an assembly line with two guys working out of a small shop in Escondido? :lol:

Your tune from Infamous should be different. He should have mentioned something about it.

My tune was OTS. He didnt know about the DP. I still dont know 100% if it is catless.....looks like I will just have to drop it an look.

Is it possible to tell from my logs that it could be catless?

Here is a link to my lv and rr log

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4099246&postcount=45

Maybe it's just me, but reading your OP makes me think that you could be talking about two different scenarios of a de-catted DP. Either it's completely catless or has been gutted.

Catless DP, the DP was either built without a Cat or the Cat was cut out and replaced with same length of pipe. It should be fairly easy to look at the pipe from the engine bay and underneath to visually see if there is a bulged area (this is where the cat would be). If there is no bulge in the DP to the mid pipe chances are you have a catless DP.

Gutted DP, the catalytic materials were removed and the shell of the catalytic converter remains in tact on the DP. If your DP has a cat and you need to find out if it's been gutted... the only way to know for sure is to pull the DP off.

Maybe it's just me, but reading your OP makes me think that you could be talking about two different scenarios of a de-catted DP. Either it's completely catless or has been gutted.

Catless DP, the DP was either built without a Cat or the Cat was cut out and replaced with same length of pipe. It should be fairly easy to look at the pipe from the engine bay and underneath to visually see if there is a bulged area (this is where the cat would be). If there is no bulge in the DP to the mid pipe chances are you have a catless DP.

Gutted DP, the catalytic materials were removed and the shell of the catalytic converter remains in tact on the DP. If your DP has a cat and you need to find out if it's been gutted... the only way to know for sure is to pull the DP off.

My DP is oem so I am thinking it is gutted..

Simple test, put an open can of tuna near the tail pipe, if no cat comes out then it has been removed.

Always with the witty remarks. Good one.

I really dont want to drop this thing....not even sure I have the proper tools.

Why do you need to know if it's been gutted or not? If you are just in it to be curious it's not worth it. If it's affecting your vehicles performance, would probably be worth the effort.

You having this etuned? or taking it into a shop?

If etune, I'm sure you can ask the tuner some advice on how to go about tuning around that unknown data element. I'm sure they could assist without you needing to pull the DP off.

If in person, the data logs they pull and tune applied should be able to make sure , albeit catted or not catted, you have a proper and safe tune without having to verify and pull off the DP.

You having this etuned? or taking it into a shop?

If etune, I'm sure you can ask the tuner some advice on how to go about tuning around that unknown data element. I'm sure they could assist without you needing to pull the DP off.

If in person, the data logs they pull and tune applied should be able to make sure , albeit catted or not catted, you have a proper and safe tune without having to verify and pull off the DP.

Etuned by infamous. I think I might just end up dropping it. Thanks for the help Mr.Prius

Archived