LegacyGT.com

Hey guys quick question

Arielgt93

I have a gms cat back exhaust on my 05 legacy gt 5eat. Other day I noticed a little small puddle under the the y-pipe and than on the mid pipe today, because I tried to see if the clamps were any loose. But looks like I have an exhaust leak from three different areas not where the point there's huge puddles when I leave it to warm up but from the point where there is a small little puddle. Is this a really bad thing? Is it time for a new cat back? I know it can mess up with your idol, codes, and lower your gas mileage but I don't have any of those problems. My gas mileage is fine no decrease and no codes has shown up. Just wondering that's all but please notify me back thank you!

I have a gms cat back exhaust on my 05 legacy gt 5eat. Other day I noticed a little small puddle under the the y-pipe and than on the mid pipe today, because I tried to see if the clamps were any loose. But looks like I have an exhaust leak from three different areas not where the point there's huge puddles when I leave it to warm up but from the point where there is a small little puddle. Is this a really bad thing? Is it time for a new cat back? I know it can mess up with your idol, codes, and lower your gas mileage but I don't have any of those problems. My gas mileage is fine no decrease and no codes has shown up. Just wondering that's all but please notify me back thank you!

You noticed a puddle because you tried to see if the clamps were loose? A puddle of what?

You noticed a puddle because you tried to see if the clamps were loose? A puddle of what?

i am assuming water ...

to the OP what you can do is take off the clamps, clean out where the exhaust meets really well, and put some type of muffler sealent ( the one i have seen is in a yellow tube) youll be making a type of gasket really. This is just my opinion.

I noticed a puddle before and I went under the car today if the clamps holding the pipes together were loose but they were tight. A puddle of just water from I between the clamps holding the pipes together. I'm just seeing if this is something serious or just a little exhaust leak.

i am assuming water ...

That's a pretty good guess

I noticed a puddle before and I went under the car today if the clamps holding the pipes together were loose but they were tight. A puddle of just water from I between the clamps holding the pipes together. I'm just seeing if this is something serious or just a little exhaust leak.

As long as it's a puddle of just water your okay

Yeah but ima be getting a new exhaust anyways because I either want to just single tip or nameless performance TBE. The only issue I have is the rear sway bar it rubs against it but I just moved it a little and now not as much only if there a huge pot hole or I make a jump. But after that it worked fine, but still getting another type of exhaust though.

Yeah I have stage 2 for the Cobb sf Intake and TBE but I do not have the tune for my equal length headers and up pipe that's the only thing I'm missing but ima do that when I get everything first like my front mount ill tune it than

Archived