LegacyGT.com

Harman Kardon or Car Audio Installer?

Kevzaz

So I'm deciding on a new 2013 Premium Legacy.. I'm a bit of an audiophile so the Harman Kardon is very appealing to me. However, It's an additional $1,500. Would it be better to take the car to an audio shop and get new speakers/amp or just get it at the factory?

I want this car to be CLEAN so I wouldn't bother with the install. I only did my headunit in my last car and couldn't get the dash perfect again so I'm kind of scarred haha.

My dad's 2011 Legacy 2.5i Limited has the Harmon Kardon 400 watt system - AMAZING SOUND!!! I miss his music system when I get into my 05 LGT with 6.5's doors all around and pillar tweeters.

03' Maxima GLE had a good Bose setup at 300 watts I think with 6'' woofer and 6's doors all around with pillar tweeters, but Legacy is better IMHO.

I wish I could have gotten the HK system with my 2.5 premium (it was not available with 6 speed manual). I thought it was 'only' $995. It is not a true audiophile system but it is good enough (an obviously subjective opinion) i find the stock subaru radio is lacking, my 90's Maxima Bose system in my last car blew it away as does my wife 2002 Toyota highlander radio. IMO my car is 10 years new it should atleast be on par with those radios.

IMO the HK is alright for a stock setup, but for $1500 one can do a LOT better going aftermarket. I'd you're going to have it installed you might push a bit past $1500, but IMO it would be a much better expenditure than the HK.

+1 for KSpan, I have a HK in my OB Limited SW, don't get me wrong, it is a good setup with the subwoofer, def. cranks and I like all sorts of music, Vinnie Paz to Classical, all sounds good BUT you can get ALLOT more from a stereo shop, Just let them know up-front, the install HAS to be perfect. My 2 cents.

Mac

I have the HK in my 2010 LGT LTD. It's the best stock audio system I've heard, Kicks the crap out of the Bose system in my Vette. However like others are saying for 1500 I'm sure you can get better sound, but I too would be a little concerned with the quality of the "looks" of the install.

I had a Kenwood DVD head unit with bluetooth streaming in my old suby. I miss the BT streaming with the track info, but for now I'm leaving mine stock.

• 4 months later...
Hi, I buy the Legacy 2011 (2.0i CVT) in Brasil and i want to install the Harman Kardon sistem with nav (gps) and talk function. Where i can to buy this sistem and how much i will to pay? Thanks.

Ola Suby irmao! The www is your friend but I had no success for gps devices @ HK Brasil

Here is the link for HK USA and gps search http://www.harmankardon.com/EN-US/Products/Pages/SearchResults.aspx

PS>What is your driving impressions on/for the 2.0L in your legacy?

Hello Bencob,

I was visited this site and no find information about this navy sistem. In the Subaru store is possible to find it? How much i will to pay?

In Brasil, the 2011 version still to sell as new car (0 km) and i no receive the car yet.

When i receive the car i will to explain my driving impressions.

Thanks.

Cleber, after going to the web site on the link I gave, type gps at the search screen and you should get at least 3 models, that is what happened when I tried > 310NA + 510NA + 810NA

As for buying it from a Subaru store and price, I don't know about that......:-(

Understood about delivery of your car, is it petrol or diesel engine?

Hello Bencob,

Where you find the models of the audio systems (link)? You can send me?

My car is powered by gasoline. Diesel is proibited for cars (only trucks) in Brasil because the government subsidy.

Cars in Brasil are so much expensive. I pay $ 42,500.00 (dolars) in my car and it is 2011. The government taxes are very high and car's businessmen are unscrupulous.

My old car: Corolla XEI 2009 i pay $37,250.00 in 2009 and i sold by $ 23,750.00 in 2013.

I wanted to buy the Jetta 200cv 2013 but the price was $ 48,750.00 - very expensive.

See above the especifications of the Legacy 2.0 (in portuguese - sorry!) My car is silver.

http://www.subaru.com.br/imagens/carros/_wallpapers/legacy/20cvt/3.jpg

Motor:2.0 litros , 4 cilindros horizontais e contrapostos (BOXER), DOHC, 16 válvulas, a gasolina, 160 CV @ 6.000 RPM, torque 20,0 Kgfm @ 3.000 RPM, bloco e cabeçotes em Alumínio, comando de válvulas variável; EGI – sistema de injeção controlado eletronicamente, acelerador eletrônico.Transmissão:Câmbio automático de 6 velocidades controlado eletronicamente (Sportshift – Prodrive) com opção de acionamento manual e seqüencial no volante (Shift Pad)..Tração:Sistema inteligente Symmetrical AWD (tração permanente nas 4 rodas), diferencial dianteiro, central e traseiro com sistema LSD (escorregamento limitado) por acoplamento multidisco viscoso.Suspensão:Dianteira independente tipo McPherson, traseira independente mult-link, molas helicoidais, amortecedores dianteiros pressurizados a gás de dupla ação e barras estabilizadoras.Direção:Assistência hidráulica progressiva, volante regulável em altura e profundidade.Rodas e Pneus:Alumínio de 16” & 205/60 R16Exterior:Faróis dianteiros HID (Xenônio) com sistema autonivelante automático, faróis de neblina, indicadores de direção tipo led incorporado aos retrovisores. Sistema de travamento e destravamento das portas e porta-malas remoto (Key-less), retrovisores externos com desembaraçador, vidros verdes.Interior:Duplo Airbag frontal, lateral e de cortina, cintos dianteiros com pré-tensionadores e regulagem de altura, imobilizador, apoio de cabeça ativo para os bancos dianteiros e traseiros com regulagem de altura, pontos de fixação (Isofix) para cadeiras de crianças.Segurança:Freios a disco nas 4 rodas, caliper dianteiro com 2 pistões, com ABS de 4 canais e EBD (Distribuidor eletrônico de força entre traseira e dianteira).Capacidade do Tanque:65 litrosMotor:2.0 litros , 4 cilindros horizontais e contrapostos (BOXER), DOHC, 16 válvulas, a gasolina, 160 CV @ 6.000 RPM, torque 20,0 Kgfm @ 3.000 RPM, bloco e cabeçotes em Alumínio, comando de válvulas variável; EGI – sistema de injeção controlado eletronicamente, acelerador eletrônico.Transmissão:Câmbio automático de 6 velocidades controlado eletronicamente (Sportshift – Prodrive) com opção de acionamento manual e seqüencial no volante (Shift Pad)..Tração:Sistema inteligente Symmetrical AWD (tração permanente nas 4 rodas), diferencial dianteiro, central e traseiro com sistema LSD (escorregamento limitado) por acoplamento multidisco viscoso.Suspensão:Dianteira independente tipo McPherson, traseira independente mult-link, molas helicoidais, amortecedores dianteiros pressurizados a gás de dupla ação e barras estabilizadoras.Direção:Assistência hidráulica progressiva, volante regulável em altura e profundidade.Rodas e Pneus:Alumínio de 16” & 205/60 R16Exterior:Faróis dianteiros HID (Xenônio) com sistema autonivelante automático, faróis de neblina, indicadores de direção tipo led incorporado aos retrovisores. Sistema de travamento e destravamento das portas e porta-malas remoto (Key-less), retrovisores externos com desembaraçador, vidros verdes.Interior:Duplo Airbag frontal, lateral e de cortina, cintos dianteiros com pré-tensionadores e regulagem de altura, imobilizador, apoio de cabeça ativo para os bancos dianteiros e traseiros com regulagem de altura, pontos de fixação (Isofix) para cadeiras de crianças.Segurança:Freios a disco nas 4 rodas, caliper dianteiro com 2 pistões, com ABS de 4 canais e EBD (Distribuidor eletrônico de força entre traseira e dianteira).Capacidade do Tanque:65 litrosMotor:

2.0 litros , 4 cilindros horizontais e contrapostos (BOXER), DOHC, 16 válvulas, a gasolina, 160 CV @ 6.000 RPM, torque 20,0 Kgfm @ 3.000 RPM, bloco e cabeçotes em Alumínio, comando de válvulas variável; EGI – sistema de injeção controlado eletronicamente, acelerador eletrônico.

Transmissão:

Câmbio automático de 6 velocidades controlado eletronicamente (Sportshift – Prodrive) com opção de acionamento manual e seqüencial no volante (Shift Pad)..

Tração:

Sistema inteligente Symmetrical AWD (tração permanente nas 4 rodas), diferencial dianteiro, central e traseiro com sistema LSD (escorregamento limitado) por acoplamento multidisco viscoso.

Suspensão:

Dianteira independente tipo McPherson, traseira independente mult-link, molas helicoidais, amortecedores dianteiros pressurizados a gás de dupla ação e barras estabilizadoras.

Direção:

Assistência hidráulica progressiva, volante regulável em altura e profundidade.

Rodas e Pneus:

Alumínio de 16” & 205/60 R16

Exterior:

Faróis dianteiros HID (Xenônio) com sistema autonivelante automático, faróis de neblina, indicadores de direção tipo led incorporado aos retrovisores. Sistema de travamento e destravamento das portas e porta-malas remoto (Key-less), retrovisores externos com desembaraçador, vidros verdes.

Interior:

Duplo Airbag frontal, lateral e de cortina, cintos dianteiros com pré-tensionadores e regulagem de altura, imobilizador, apoio de cabeça ativo para os bancos dianteiros e traseiros com regulagem de altura, pontos de fixação (Isofix) para cadeiras de crianças.

Segurança:

Freios a disco nas 4 rodas, caliper dianteiro com 2 pistões, com ABS de 4 canais e EBD (Distribuidor eletrônico de força entre traseira e dianteira).

Capacidade do Tanque:

65 litros

Hello Bencob,

My car is powered by gasoline. In Brasil is prohibited to use the diesel for cars (only trucks) because the government subsidy for diesel.

Cars in brasil are very expensive. The Legacy 2.0 2011 cost $42,500.00 because the government taxes and the car's unscrupulous businessmen.

My old car: Corolla XEI 2009 was purchased by $ 37,250.00 in 2009 and sold by $ 23.750,00 in 2013.

I wanted to buy the Jetta 2013 200cv but the price is $48,750.00 - very expensive for me.

See bellow the specifications this my car (in portuguese - sorry!). The image bellow is equal to my car but it is silver. See: http://www.subaru.com.br/legacy20cvt.php

171120814_Legacy2011Web.thumb.jpg.5d46e087dc390cf16017eef8e096b8cc.jpg

Untitled-2.thumb.jpg.547cf201868cc754065e1dc59411da8d.jpg

Thanks!

Hello Andnyles,

I very interested in the handless function (steering functions). See:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcrM5aZo3eA]Bluetooth with Navigation System -- Outback & Legacy - YouTube[/ame]

Another system has the same functions (Navy and handless functions)?

Is necessary to be compatible with existing harness (wire) and connector of the car because the warranty.

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Archived