LegacyGT.com

Intake silencer removal for 2009 model?

Intake silencer? Didnt no there was one. take some pics. I wont to see what your talking about.

you WANT to see. Damn dude.

Yeah it will bolt right back in, the silencer just hangs from the airbox.

It will make very little difference....fwiw

• 2 weeks later...

I just put mine back in after having it removed for the whole summer...it sounded louder (kind of cool) when you're above 3k rpms, but it didn't feel right (like the car was gasping for air)...

When i put it back in, the car feels way better (more smooth between gear shifts) than it used to...I also put it back in to cover up the hole that it makes because the weather is getting worse and i don't want any water to get in.

Overall, i wouldn't recommend removing the silencer...I would recommend getting AVO panel filter and that's the best intake upgrade for 2.5i

• 4 years later...
I just put mine back in after having it removed for the whole summer...it sounded louder (kind of cool) when you're above 3k rpms, but it didn't feel right (like the car was gasping for air)...

When i put it back in, the car feels way better (more smooth between gear shifts) than it used to...I also put it back in to cover up the hole that it makes because the weather is getting worse and i don't want any water to get in.

Overall, i wouldn't recommend removing the silencer...I would recommend getting AVO panel filter and that's the best intake upgrade for 2.5i

Is the avo panel filter just like the k&n or the aem panel filter or is there a difference?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived