LegacyGT.com

Radiator Compatability?

Hey all,

The radiator started leaking on my legacy, does anyone know if radiators from the wrx/sti/impreza etc fit in the 2005 legacy? Did a little search but couldn't find any solid answers.

Did a quick test on Napa's website to check part numbers and they were different, but trying to see if anyone has actually tried/seen a different radiator in the car.

Otherwise I'll just go rockauto/infamous or something asap

Thanks!

PM Mike, m sprank at infamous, buy from him and get the correct stuff the first time. It's been proven to work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I would highly recommend you take this time to upgrade to an aluminum core/endtank radiator. The Mishimoto MMRAD-STI-08 or Koyo KOY VH2778 are excellent options. I just put a Mishimoto radiator on my car and am pretty pleased with it.

• I Donated Too
Manual and auto radiators are the same / they sell one type mostly through places like NAPA or Amazon- you just don't use the transmission cooler on an MT. I recently replaced my stock radiator and just had to move over my fans and shrouds - It had the transmission cooler section, doesn't get in the way or cause issues. I got mine from Amazon for cheap and it cooled 400+ hp just fine without going to the super lovely and expensive (and thicker) Mishimoto... Which is great but you can have fan clearance issues which I really didn't want to deal with or need...

Manual and auto radiators are the same / they sell one type mostly through places like NAPA or Amazon- you just don't use the transmission cooler on an MT. I recently replaced my stock radiator and just had to move over my fans and shrouds - It had the transmission cooler section, doesn't get in the way or cause issues. I got mine from Amazon for cheap and it cooled 400+ hp just fine without going to the super lovely and expensive (and thicker) Mishimoto... Which is great but you can have fan clearance issues which I really didn't want to deal with or need...

+1 for Amazon radiators, if you aren't looking to upgrade to all aluminum/thicker core. I posted links/part numbers to the web links sticky up top.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4856347&postcount=126

• I Donated Too
sure... you can do whatever you want. This was just a statement to the OP that despite all the different part numbers, the 08 WRX and LGT stock replacement radiators are just about all the same, even when they tend to come with the fittings for the transmission cooler... If someone wanted to put a Mishimoto radiator on an auto and then install an aftermarket transmission cooler... of course. It's just time and money... lots of choices.

Archived