LegacyGT.com

Burble Sound from Timing Belt Area

Has anyone else experienced a mild 'burbling' sound in this area? I seem to notice it most at idle, probably because normal exhaust and road noise drown it out at any other speeds. It doesn't seem to be affecting performance but it is a little weird as though something were loose or rattling slightly.

I have not heard anything like this. Any chance you are just hearing something from the exhaust now that you have the metal skid plate?

I'm not sure. I need to do a little more investigation to see if either the skid plate or the new header might somehow be causing it since I don't recall the noise before and those are the only things that have changed recently. I might try to get a recording of it too if the sound can be clearly heard.

It's probably nothing but given my recent issues in the timing belt area, I'm probably hyper-sensitive.

On the left side of the engine towards the front? Ive heard this myself and pretty perplexed by it. I really have to put my head into the engine bay and it sort of sounds like false detonation to me but no knocks monitored. I also have the jug out of the intake so I thought maybe its the air just bouncing around in the box.

On the left side of the engine towards the front? Ive heard this myself and pretty perplexed by it. I really have to put my head into the engine bay and it sort of sounds like false detonation to me but no knocks monitored. I also have the jug out of the intake so I thought maybe its the air just bouncing around in the box.

It actually seems a little more pronounced on the driver side. Might pull the belt cover off and see if everything looks to be doing what it should.

Archived