LegacyGT.com

Idle Problem and throwing codes..Cammed. Help!

Okay so I just got my motor built and tuned and overall its doing great. However it doesnt want to idle smoothly and the afr bounces up and down and is giving me bank too lean and misfire in every cylinder codes. I had my cams custom reground, but it wasnt anything majorly drastic. The only thing that I can think of is to replace my front O2 sensor. Ive also been told moving the front O2 just past the turbo on the dp helps a lot too. Any help is appreciated!

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

You're on the right track. Replace the front O2 sensor. I would bet that if you check, your STFT is bouncing up and down from -25 to +25 and if it is, so far I've found 3 cars in the past several months that have had the O2 sensor crap out to cause it. Replaced the front O2 in all 3 (including my own LGT) and poof....problem vanishes and it cleans up and runs even better than before the problem appeared.

Good luck.

You're on the right track. Replace the front O2 sensor. I would bet that if you check, your STFT is bouncing up and down from -25 to +25 and if it is, so far I've found 3 cars in the past several months that have had the O2 sensor crap out to cause it. Replaced the front O2 in all 3 (including my own LGT) and poof....problem vanishes and it cleans up and runs even better than before the problem appeared.

Good luck.

yeah it does jump around -25 to + 25.. i was pretty sure thats what it was. i wanted to get a 2nd opinion before i go and drop $150+ on one though. i replaced it about a year ago when i had it crap out on me. but since then ive ran e85 which ive heard will cause premature failure in them. i might check to see if its still under warranty tho :)

06 GT - Totalled 😢... to be continued

07 Spec B - Wife took over 🤔

06 i - getting built motor and 6 speed 😁

Archived