LegacyGT.com

why do people hate the hogzaust "mod"?

Brett

i just did this myself and i think its a great way to hold you over until you can afford an exhaust... like me. plus, it's alot louder than any cbe that i know of. for less than a dollar, you can't beat it. i'm really enjoying it, so why is there so much hate on youtube comments?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

because it's ghetto. but who cares? if it does what you want then do it.

I'm looking for just a bit more rumble when I step on it--"it's alot louder than any cbe" just doesn't appeal to me at all. That's a pretty convincing argument for me NOT to do hogzaust, just my opinion tho.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

i went from a hogzaust to magnaflow CBE. the magnaflow was about 20 times louder. plus it had no texture, it was all bass. so now I'm back on the hogzaust. the hogzaust sounds about 20 times better, too, than the magnaflow.

i don't really give a hoot what other people say about it.

• I Donated Too
I admit, I tried this mod to see what all the fuss was about. I liked it at first, but it got old quick. It carried me until I bought a cheap catback. Much more satisfied with the catback sound/performance.

haha, yeah, running around the neighborhood without mufflers on is fun...for about 10 minutes. Then it makes my head hurt. lol

did that for about a week when my muffler separated from the rest of the pipe when the flange finally rotted apart. came apart on the way to work and i didn't really care to work on the car during the week.

it was fun for a few days and then it got hot and humid and annoyed me. would probably be easier to do a cutout so then i get to choose when it's loud or quiet.

While it is completely ghetto, I did it about 2 months ago and love it. I am just running a single washer on each bolt so it is still pretty quiet, but with a bit of rumble in there. I think this is how the car should sound from the factory!

While it is completely ghetto, I did it about 2 months ago and love it. I am just running a single washer on each bolt so it is still pretty quiet, but with a bit of rumble in there. I think this is how the car should sound from the factory!

no backfiring issues?

Archived