LegacyGT.com

Work wagon gt??

GTWhitey

Hey guys, ill be honest, I bought my wagon almost 3 months ago. But figured this was the best place to ask the masses.....

How many of you guys use your vehicles for work, mainly lugging tools, ladders, etc....

I'm a tradesman(electrician) and when I bought my LGT I was looking for a wagon, one because I love the look of sport wagons, but mainly because I needed a good work vehicle, I carry a lot of tools and the odd time a 5 or 6' ladder(no roof rack yet, so reluctantly fold the seats and gingerly stash it.

Before my wagongt I was cramming all of that, with a ladder into my 1988 Nissan 300zx, which left no room for a passenger, haha.

Anyways, I know it's not your typical "work truck", which makes it even cooler in my opinion....but sometimes I wonder if I'm not doing myself or the wagon any favors...in wear, tear and longevity. I do try hard to keep majority of things in the hatch, but even the front kinda suffers due to my dirtyness.

Just curious if anyone has experience with this, and maybe any tips or tricks....

Can anybody recommend a roof rack that works well with ladders and maybe 10' conduit?

Has anybody installed a job box in the trunk? permanently had the rear seats folded down? I notice and hate how the seatbelt clips(even if tucked) still leave marks on the leather.

Has anybody found decent seat covers for the front seats? Can't seem to find much selection.

Alright!! I think I'm done...

Sorry bout that,

Mike

for the floors have you considered all weather mats? for roof racks there are many options out there, the first two obvious are yakima and thule.

both have gear baskets like: http://yakima.com/shop/cargo/gear-baskets that you could put up there along with your ladders.

for the trunk....consider a heavy duty cargo mat to protect the inside?

if you don't use the rear seats you could remove and build an extension to the floor so you have more useable space where the seats were.

how does the suspension hold up with the weight in the trunk?

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Thanks for the reply. Thought I'd get more replies haha....

I'll definitely check the roof racks out.

I bought the wagon used, but it came with the Subaru molded mat for the trunk, it was perfect, it was actually a selling feature haha, not sure if they come with, but I kinda doubt it.

As far as the weight, it's not too bad, probably not even the same to having a full car of people. I'd guess my tools all add up to 2-250 lbs. never wanna be without that one obscure tool huh?

Wanted to reply to this but kept missing in, The 05 wagon would work to a certain point, I would change the springs and put some saggy but spacers in the back, when I load my wagon up with tools, or Hunting gear or even people with Hockey equipment it can bottom out, at least mine does, I picked up a Brand New OEM roof rack on ebay, I think for $125. and my Cargo basket at Discount ramps for $100. or a Hard Car top storage box, which would give you more room. I have a hard plastic Pelican case that I put in the back when I have used my GT for side jobs.

Archived