LegacyGT.com

Thank God for AWD... pics inside

So I was heading to take my dad to get surgery on his knee today on the highway, had just passed a 6 car accident as well as a Truck on Truck head on collision because of the snowy blizzard like conditions and was explaining to him how this was the very reason I purchased a Legacy and the Awd advantages when in the middle lane this Dodge Ram starts sliding ass end out in to my lane and slams in to my rear passenger quarter panel. We are literally sliding sideways going 60mph and I think holy crap, please don't pin ball. I turn the steering wheel hard to the left and pump the gas a few good times and after swerving left and right a little it miraculously straightens out without going all over the place and no more casualties. The damage was done though and of course, her truck is just scratched but my car is messed up. Crappy part is I just bought my car not even 2 months ago and it was cherry. I'm glad we didn't get hurt, just shaken up pretty good. The irony of this whole story, I was watching a long compilation of car wreck videos last night on YouTube lol c'est la vie...

20121219_094917-1.thumb.jpg.ee2d50a2fb5de6490e092b242380b644.jpg

20121219_094907-1.thumb.jpg.33973e818dc947cf04dfd4e75131b768.jpg

20121219_094859-1.thumb.jpg.56150bb82f4640d6e25c2b6ec081bd63.jpg

20121219_094853-1.thumb.jpg.e3692233ae8acedf294bdbc85bf3675c.jpg

20121219_091413-1.thumb.jpg.533590b06e4c62a993088aeb28146e33.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
People are gonna tell you this was your tail light tints' fault. Just a heads up broheim

I was thinking that too but it's not tint. The top half of the light is gone if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been

I was thinking that too but it's not tint. The top half of the light is gone if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry to hear about the accident but I'm glad it wasn't as bad as it could have been

Thanks man, me too, although I have to admit, I felt like a bad ass for having been able to straighten out the car after that:cool: (although it was probably all car and a little bit driver)

I'm glad you're alright.

Your made a critical error in judgement that allowed for this accident to take place. In foul weather, AWD or not you never get beside a car. You keep your spacing both front and rear and side to side. Typically this is called staggered driving.

Had you not been so close he would have spun out, you slowed down and nothing would have happened.

Best of luck getting this resolved. Thankfully you weren't hurt!

I'm glad you're alright.

Your made a critical error in judgement that allowed for this accident to take place. In foul weather, AWD or not you never get beside a car. You keep your spacing both front and rear and side to side. Typically this is called staggered driving.

Had you not been so close he would have spun out, you slowed down and nothing would have happened.

I wasn't right next to her, she switched into the middle lane and lost control when she tried to switch lanes.

Probably also thank your VDC for saving the vehicle from spinning out realistically. Other wise if you were on the brakes the ABS uses the gyro to keep the direction of the vehicle.

I wish my 07 LGT had stability just for those certain emergency maneuvers. I see you are also on all seasons!

Glad to hear you were ok though!

Probably also thank your VDC for saving the vehicle from spinning out realistically. Other wise if you were on the brakes the ABS uses the gyro to keep the direction of the vehicle.

I wish my 07 LGT had stability just for those certain emergency maneuvers. I see you are also on all seasons!

Glad to hear you were ok though!

Yes I am, probably a good thing they are pretty new too! It was a little bit of skill, a little bit of luck and I think the majority was the car :spin:

I'm glad you're alright.

I have to agree with "this was kind of quick to judge".

Have you ever been going down a slight incline in the center lane on the highway at 3AM in a light snow, coming home from work and see the car about a 1/8 a head loose it and you think to yourself, I hope you slide off the road and stay out of my way.

That happened to me back in 1981 while driving my 1970 Duster 340, with snow tires. I was going about 35-40mph when I was him start to spin. There wasn't much I could do. Luckily he slide to the side and out of my way, the last thing I wanted to do was try and stop...there was nobody else around me or him.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Sorry to hear about the accident, easy fix at a body shop. I would like to compliment you on your driving and knowing what and when to do it. It seems really UN-natural to accelerate during a condition (such as yours) and you knew that doing that should pull you out of big trouble(MOST of the time). You can only drive your car, no one else s. Good Job!

R/Mac

Archived