LegacyGT.com

Purchasing '08 GT- questions

Myevodream

So I have recently found an '08 LGT w/ 5EAT for sale with only 20K miles and a good price....test drove it today and will probably put down payment on it this weekend.. Felt pretty good and look unmodified....I have been roaming this forum for a while and think I have a good idea of what too look out for..ie bad internals, etc... (which this car is ok with since the vin is not in the affected numbers)....I have an Evo IX for my fun car so this will be my dd....and I come from a long line of impreza's....Anyways on to the question, what are the little things I should look for with this car? tia...more info and pics after I pic it up hopefully!

I have an 08, what vins are affected? You're on the right track with what to look for, if the car has been sitting a while, start it and watch for blue smoke out the pipes....walk away if so. The car is still under factory warranty as well. Where is this car? Just noticed an 08 with 20k auto near me in Manchester Subaru...

'08 LGT here too, there was a recall on the oil supply line. I'd just ask if it was taken in for that, if not it's a recall, so I'd do that first thing. Another problem I had, that apparently was common, was that the leather around my shifter and e-brake got very brittle and showed signs of premature wear after the first cold season. I took it in and it was replaced under warranty. I noticed a huge difference in the softness and texture of the replacement, so I think Subaru fixed that. I'd check your shifter and e-brake boot for cracks, again something warranty should cover.

I have a 5MT, so I don't know much about the auto, but mine is holding up great. There was also some studder problems that a dealer flash fixed noticebly for me. (that may have just been psychological too :lol: but they did flash it and I thought it help)

Other than that I am at 70k+ and mine still pulls strong, original clutch, holds great and I have no other complaints.

Thanks guys, purchased the car today, picking it up wednesday, will be doing a quick photoshoot with the new car and the evo, really excited about picking this up and will check with dealer for any updates with the flash, etc....which I'll probably be tuning soon anyways...

• 1 month later...

Bren is awesome, he can get you atleast 30whp just from the tune. I'm stock in terms of engine/exhaust. The tune helps so much with driveability and smoothness. I suggest you give him a PM, it's well worth it.

BTW i looked at an 08 LGT on rt 9, white, 20k miles at automart. Blew blue smoke on startup. I ran away.

Chris

no blue smoke at all, and have had it for a month now with no problems. Have done an oil change on it myself and everything seemed in order. The shifts from 2-3 are ok, not as smooth as the other shifts and I notice it a bit more in manual mode rather than auto mode.

I looked at that white one I wanna say early october.....

my 08 shifts weird from 2-3 as well, all other gears are smooth, in manual mode it seems like there's more a shift delay in 2-3 than others. I want to say it's normal, 32k miles on mine and tranny fluid is still cherry red. I do suggest adding an external tranny fluid cooler to further preserve the fluid, and the tranny. If you want I can pm you the details, only cost about $30 at autozone and about an hr of your time.

Thanks BMX, I figured the 2-3 shifts were normal, still has stock tune, etc.. on it and still under warranty so not too concerned with it. I will probably be doing a flush in the spring time, but it doesnt consume oil like crazy, if at all, so everything seems to be in order. I would be interested in the tranny fluid cooler though, if you could pm me details that'd be great. Thanks!

Archived