Gear: 4th

Peak Horse Power at RPM: 341 @ 5500

Peak Torque at RPM: 350 @ 4750

Baseline hp/tq for a stock on same dyno: Unknown

Target Boost: 20psi

Target AFR: 11

SAE Correction Factor: Uncorrected

Fuel: 93

Engine / Power Modifications: Blouch 1.5xtr - 10cm, DW 850cc, DW 65c pump, PW TMIC, Grimmspeed EBCS, KSTech 73mm CAI Intake, Killer B Holy Headers / Uppipe, Autospeed 3" catted DP, AVO Mid / Y-pipe. Stock mufflers.

Driveline Modifications: STI Flywheel, CM FX300, Group N Engine / Transmission / Crossmember mounts, Kartboy F/R shifter bushings.

Suspension Modifications: AVO Front LCA Bushings, Whiteline front swaybar, Kartboy front endlinks.

Dyno.thumb.jpg.719e392dd4e8f25e565c409681561cfe.jpg

I was wondering where Jorge went after P&L. He protuned my car when I still had cobb before I went OS e-tune.. He was a really great guy. Did he give you the don't drive like an ass hat and kill yourself speach? Looks good! Enjoy.....

Yes, he really is a great guy. Very customer centric. No, he didn't give me the speech, maybe because when I asked for a safe tune of 3 degrees of timing pulled from 3k to redline, he knew I was a noob or just a conservative person.

Although, apparently our composite manifolds don't hold pressurized lines very well. Also, the PW TMIC to TB hose came off due to cheap clamps. I hope some other critical lines don't fall off...

Also, throttle sensitivity is an issue, but I'm hoping to get that tuned out.

curious, how does the SAE correction factor affect the output numbers?

It's a percentage... 1.15 correction would be the final number x 15%...

Say you dyno 300hp uncorrected, with a 1.15 correction it would be 345hp...

Some shops do only uncorrected, others "correct" it however much needed to make the customer happy, others do it for altitude, others do it for barometric pressure/temp, still others do it for apples to apples comparison to other dynos...

I had IAG do the install. AFAIK, there was no issue with the 2.4" inlet version. However, expect lines to blow off during tuning / after tuning.

I'm tracking down a possible post compressor leak as boost tapers more than expected in warm weather. However, it keeps on target in this 50 degree weather.

i cant wait. i put my 1.5XTR 8cm on order. i feel like a little kid the day before Christmas waiting for it to get here. how was the install? any issues with fitment?

That will be sweet...peak boost will hit sooner than the 10cm...at the expense of a little top end.

Yes. Apparently the composite manifold doesn't hold the lines well. There was one they had to Krazyglue on because it popped off twice. The Intercooler to TB hose came off due to the cheap clamps that came with the PW.

Krazy Glue? Are you kidding?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

:lol:

Is there any shops you can trust these days?

A nice t-bolt would be fine, but Krazy Glue? Really?

And to think I was going to go here for a re-tune, since my agile Tune is so RICH.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

we will see. i hope i dont pop intercooler lines. maybe i will have a little better luck with the front mount. i have never heard of super glue to hold a line on but i use hair spray on my FMIC. it holds really well and stops leaks. i know it sounds ghetto but it works great and it wont crush a pipe like tightening a clamp to much will. i will have to post up some numbers when i get around to install and tune.

Hairspray is what I'd use too... I still keep blowing my IC to throttle body line off and it has t-bolt clamps. I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Not tightening them enough, is what you are doing wrong. Or using the wrong size connector.

There's no excuse to GLUE a hose in place. That's just straight ghetto.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Possibly I guess, I tightened them down with the car warm so the silicone was more pliable. And I tightened them to a fairly tight strength...

The barb he's talking about is probably the fuel pressure regulator line off of the intake manifold. I see nothing wrong with hairspraying it and then ziptieing it, glue would be ghetto. We use hairspray for motorcycle grips all the time.

Hairspray is great for holding connectors and stuff in place. I used it for bike grips for years (though some guys did use Super77, which would require you to cut off the grips when replacement was needed).

The trick with T-bolts is that you really have no idea how tight you are making them. If the clamp is JUST too large, you can bottom it out and still blow a hose off.

Archived