LegacyGT.com

Need replacement radiator..now! Help from Atlanta area members?

Hey folks,

I discovered today that my '05 has developed a weeping leak at the top of the stock radiator (92k miles). It has probably has been going on for a some time because I remember I had to top off my reservoir a month ago when I changed the oil, but I didn't see the leak then. It has definitely gotten worse because I noticed the fans running more this week and I can actually see the coolant at the top now.

Anyway, I want to take care of this immediately to avoid overheating/head gasket issues.

Does anyone in the Atlanta area know a parts store that stocks high quality replacement radiators, like from Koyo or other trustworthy brands? I'm striking out with most. Advance Auto has Koyo listed, but it is ship to home only, so that would likely not arrive until middle of next week. I commute 60+ miles a day and cannot be without a car. I am budget conscious, and cannot afford to drop $300+ at the dealer for the part. I also don't need a high performance one.

contact Brian at www.tuningalliance.com and have him send you a single row aluminum radiator.

It is easy to replace and you can fill it with either Prestone or Peak coolant you can get at Walmart.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is the one listed in Duluth:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TYC-2778-Radiator-New-with-Lifetime-Warranty-/331553025626?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item4d3219ae5a:m:mGHWM2_5LkwluYO0DA3HmAQ&vxp=mtr

I thought I remember hearing that TYC manufactures radiators for Koyo, but not sure.

Here's another one listed in Atlanta. I looked up OSC and they seem to be pretty decent from what I could find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Radiator-OSC-2778-fits-05-10-Subaru-Legacy-/361483692736?fits=Year%3A2005%7CModel%3ALegacy%7CSubmodel%3AGT&hash=item542a1b6ac0:g:D1sAAOSwL7VWtTs-&vxp=mtr

Amazon has several options, both OEM style and full aluminum available via prime. You should be able to get it by Saturday.

Edit: 05LegacyGTGa's idea is even better.

Hey, Just curious, what full aluminum ones did you find? My search only came up with plastic tank versions, at least when I had my vehicle info entered/filtered.

Chances are, I'll stick to OEM type since I doubt I'll keep the car long enough for a solid aluminum one to pay off, but I was curious to see price difference.

Hey, Just curious, what full aluminum ones did you find? My search only came up with plastic tank versions, at least when I had my vehicle info entered/filtered.

Chances are, I'll stick to OEM type since I doubt I'll keep the car long enough for a solid aluminum one to pay off, but I was curious to see price difference.

08+ WRX fitment Mishimoto one. It takes a little messing with so it doesn't eat your hoses but does a great job cooling. Sound like you found another option though.

08+ WRX fitment Mishimoto one. It takes a little messing with so it doesn't eat your hoses but does a great job cooling. Sound like you found another option though.

Yep, I went with a cheap stock type replacement. $75 with tax. $15 for some coolant and distilled water. The job was done by noon on Saturday.

I need to do the timing belt this winter anyway, so I'll be draining it again before I know it.

Archived