LegacyGT.com

BaysonR to make front lip for 05-09 Legacy!

TheDon427

Before I begin, I'm out running errands and posting this from my phone. My apologies if my post is all over the place.

I bought a bunch of stuff from them in the past when I had my WRX and have been nothing but pleased with their quality and service. I came across some old emails we exchanged in the past and decided to reach out to them.

This was the exchange between Cliff and I:

Hi Cliff,

I now have a 2008 Legacy GT Spec.B and wanted a front lip for it. Do you offer a lip for the 08-09 Legacy? If not, I know the lip from the 06-07 WRX STi fit. Let me know what you can do. Thank you.

Right now we have the JDM-Spec Rev D lip on sale at: http://www.ebay.com/itm/380462272440

We are unloading a container right now, we have a sample lip on 08-09 legacy, not sure if it's for spec b or not. We need to test the lip first.

Please check back with us in a week or two.

Thanks,

Cliff

Hi Cliff,

The JDM lip won't fit my USDM Legacy but the 08-09 lip will fit Legacy, GT and Spec.B. Let me know when that lip is available and I'll buy it. I know about 10 members on my Legacy forum that would buy a lip.

I know the JDM lip won't fit, we haven't done too much research on the USDM yet. Are you saying, the USDM, the non-Spec B, and Spec B, they are the same bumper? Any swap on the bumper needed? Please let us know, that would save us time doing research.

Thanks,

Cliff

The 08-09 USDM 2.5i, USDM GT and USDM Spec.B have the same bumpers. Many Legacy owners buy your 06-07 Impreza lips because they fit 05-09 Legacy's with minimal trimming. The 05-07 bumper is slightly different than 08-09.

yes, I heard the 06-07 impreza will fit on legacy from legacygt forum too. Thanks for your info, we will definitely find someone from local to test our legacy lip, and if the fitment is good, we will mass produce it.

Thanks,

Cliff

This took place yesterday/late last night. If one of you are able to assist them, let me know and I'll pass along your/Cliff's info. Maybe Rommel could sell his mold? I just want a decent lip option that doesn't cost $200-$300. Hopefully they can pull it off.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet. My buddy had some BaysonR splitters on his M3, they fit and looked great.

PS: I never really got the 06 lip to fit the way I wanted to. Partially because I kept ripping it off, partially because the contour isn't quite right(obviously because its not made for the lgt lol)

I had their s204 lip for 3 years/75k miles and never had it break or crack no matter how many times I smashed it into curbs or snow. :lol:

I also had their replica Mines trunk lip, Chargespeed Bottomline replicaside skirts and other odds and ends. No complaints.

Direct fitment and carbon fiber.

And worth every penny. I have two. One for summer and one for winter that will be painted since there's a flaw in the CF and it will be great for a snow plow. If you haven't seen one in person it may seem pricey, but I can attest to it's fit and finish which is amazing!

I destroyed my front lip tonight; smashed into a porcupine. I get home and look at the damages to find that two thirds of my lip is gone. :eek: It was a $125 JDM lip from ebay. I have no idea what I'm going to get for a lip next.

Archived